• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Quartz & Gold

Serendipity

Most gold stackers are aware that gold in its original form appears in igneous volcanic hydrothermal (hot water) veins where it is deposited along with quartz, amethyst, other minerals and heavy metal ores. In ancient Egypt, the gods were believed to have gold flesh and silver bones. From the beginning of the Old Kingdom (2575-2134BC), pharaohs sent expeditions to Nubia to mine the quartz lodes there for gold. They sunk deep shafts into the rock and lit fires around the quartz to shatter it. Then, they crushed it, extracting the gold within.

I used to collect quartz carvings from around the world before I became a gold and silver stacker. You can imagine my surprise when I recently discovered some of my quartz carvings, especially the religious ones, have gold inclusions. Clear attempts were made by previous owners of these religious carvings to extract the gold inclusions. I’m showcasing two examples here - a rose quartz pyramid and a rock crystal Buddha.

An unsuccessful attempt was made to extract the gold inclusion in the base of the rose quartz pyramid. You can see the two gold inclusions in the quartz Buddha’s lotus pedestal. The Buddha’s left thumb tip has been chopped off with the remaining gold inclusion still in place as if the wounded thumb is bleeding bright yellow blood. You have to marvel at the Buddha’s serenity in the face of affliction.

CCF8BCE1-F5DA-40CE-A802-DD298B49830F.jpeg

BCCCBDC9-9E86-477B-94F7-B9C426971E91.jpeg

75393482-B464-4A4F-94DB-8217994B1F75.jpeg

Archived