• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to find a presentation case for a 1oz silver lunar II?

longplay

I'm gifting a 1oz Perth Mint Lunar II coin to a family member.

Supplied in a capsule, so nice, but thinking it would look a little more special if I could find a box.

Not after anything too swish (i.e. expensive), just a simple presentation box to add a little flair.

Had a look around but, aside from one possible on eBay, haven't found much.

By my measurements, the coin and capsule come to about 49mm in diameter.

Anyone got any suggestions?

sorry forget that, I first read your post as wanting a box for the series.

I've never seen a box for a single coin other than one sold with the proof versions. Maybe look out for a proof with box that is impaired in some way and scrap the coin, or perhaps slab it.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Coin Invest have this, although it's a little lacking on details of what size coins it'll hold:

https://www.coininvest.com/en/collectors-box/1-x-1-oz-lunar-ii-silver-gift-box-empty/

It does say "Lunar series 1 1oz silver" -- but both the related products are Lunar II.

Bullion by Post have one too, although the dimensions suggest it's for the unencapsulated coin (despite what the description states):

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/accessories/gift-boxes/oak-gift-box--1oz-Silver-Coin-Australian-Lunar-Series/

There this one on eBay (coin size apparently 52mm):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coin-Medal-Presentation-Display-Box-Adjust-Case-with-Capsule-Blue-Gift-UK-FAST/323833243353?hash=item4b65f726d9:g:KxUAAOSw9sBdAf8o

oooh, just seen some presentation frames

I have given Lunar II's to my nieces for their birthdays.  I'm not sure if the shipping from the U.S would make it too expensive for your consideration, but APMEX has nice presentation boxes for single Lunar II's in factory capsules.  They have both wooden boxes and nice deep blue colored cardboard boxes that I used.

17 hours ago, mr1030 said:

I'm not sure if the shipping from the U.S would make it too expensive for your consideration

If I read it right, $50 for overseas delivery, plus $0.25 per oz. And a minimum spend of $250 as well.

So I think we'll call that a yes.

I'm going to give one of these a go, and will try and update with how it looks:

71OQgcjF8WL._SL1500_.jpg

Archived