• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Lunar Series 3

On 09/07/2019 at 22:51, Shinus73 said:

Taken from the link:

http://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00149/Explanatory Statement/Text

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Silver Bullion Coins

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse (1kg, 5oz, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz) silver bullion coins consists of a representation of 2 mice eating corn on the cob. The coins include the following inscriptions   “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Gold Bullion Coins

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse (10oz, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz, 1/10oz, 1/20oz) gold bullion coins consists of a representation of a mouse perched on ears of wheat. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Silver Collector Coins

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse (2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz) silver collector coins consists of a representation of 2 mice eating corn on the cob. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Gold Collector Coins

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse (1oz, 1/4oz, 1/10oz) gold collector coins consists of a representation of a mouse perched on ears of wheat. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coins

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1kg, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz) silver bullion coins consists of a representation of 2 coloured mice eating corn on the cob. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Collector Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1oz) silver collector coin consists of a representation of 2 coloured mice eating corn on the cob. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Gold Collector Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1oz) gold collector coin consists of a representation of a coloured mouse perched on ears of wheat. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Gilded – Silver Collector Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Gilded – (1oz) silver bullion coin consists of a representation of 2 gilded mice eating corn on the cob. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”. 

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – High Relief – Silver Collector Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – High Relief – (1oz) silver proof coin consists of a representation of 2 mice eating corn on the cob. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – High Relief – Gold Collector Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – High Relief – (1oz) gold proof coin consists of a representation of a mouse perched on ears of wheat. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Australian Lunar Mouse – Platinum Bullion Coin

The design on the 2020 Australian Lunar Mouse (1oz) platinum bullion coin consists of a representation of a mouse perched on ears of wheat. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initials of the designer Ing Ing Jong “IJ”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coins (pumpkin design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1kg, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz) silver bullion coins consists coloured representations of 2 mice and a pumpkin, in the background, a stylised pumpkin, flower and leaf. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020” and the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Gold Bullion Coins (wheat design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1/10oz, 1/20oz) gold bullion coins consists of a representation of a coloured mouse with its paws on ears of wheat, immediately inside the rim are ears of wheat. The coins include the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020”, the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coin (beans design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse (1oz) – Coloured – silver bullion coin consists of coloured representations of a mouse, green beans spilled from a wicker basket, with stylised green beans in the foreground. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020” and the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coin (peanut design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1oz) silver bullion coin consists of coloured representations of a mouse and opened and whole peanuts, with stylised opened peanuts in the foreground. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020” and the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coin (corn design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1oz) silver bullion coin consists of coloured representations of a mouse holding a corn kernel and in the foreground, coloured representations of corn on the cob and stylised corn kernel. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020” and the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – Silver Bullion Coin (potato design)

The design on the 2020 Lunar Mouse – Coloured – (1oz) silver bullion coin consists of coloured representations of a mouse and potatoes and germinated potatoes, with a stylised germinated potato in the foreground. The coin includes the following inscriptions “MOUSE”, “2020” and the Chinese pictograph pronounced “shŭ” under the Pinyin system and meaning mouse and the initial of the designer Wang “W”.

I'm going to have to build extra storage space for all the variations of series 3 and a weekly shopping list too!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZGrizzlyWord said:

Any word on mintage limits?

From the Perth Mint:

RELEASE DATE: 9 September 2019

Gold Coins: 10oz, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz, 1/10oz, 1/20oz

Mintages: unlimited except for 30,000 1oz coins

Platinum coin: 1oz only

Mintage: 5,000

Silver coins: 10 kilo, 1 kilo, 5oz, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz

Mintages: unlimited except for 100 10 kilo and 300,000 1oz coins

I've never really taken to the previous lunar series but I do like this artwork.

A crazy range of sizes, but I'm not sure I really understand why the 1oz BU coins are 'limited' when the larger sizes are not. At least I would have thought the 2oz and 10oz gold coins would be limited.

Overall I'm tempted by the platinum version now, if only because silver and gold prices are so high currently. Might come back to the gold and silver if prices fall back.

32 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

I've never really taken to the previous lunar series but I do like this artwork.

A crazy range of sizes, but I'm not sure I really understand why the 1oz BU coins are 'limited' when the larger sizes are not. At least I would have thought the 2oz and 10oz gold coins would be limited.

Overall I'm tempted by the platinum version now, if only because silver and gold prices are so high currently. Might come back to the gold and silver if prices fall back.

If their mintage figures are to be believed the coins with the large limited mintages always sell out.  All other sizes sell less.

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/Bullion/The Australian Lunar Gold Bullion Series Two 2008 - 2019.pdf

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/Bullion/The Australian Lunar Silver Bullion Series Two 2008 - 2019.pdf

Apparently the release date is today.

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/blog/blog/19-09-04/2020_Australian_Bullion_Coin_Program_goes_from_strength_to_strength_with_new_designs_and_special_releases.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I've now started on a box for the Lunar 3, Its THE most technical box to date and is going to be something quite special 🤞🤞

It will begin with the 1oz silver version and the plan is to then do 1/2oz and 2oz  Silver early next year,Given the lack of a 10oz coin I've not decided on weather I will do type set yet.  But a 5oz box will follow as will versions for gold  coins later. 

You all know I'm only a small producer but will have the best box for this amazing set ❤

I've personally got some silver

21 1oz

11 2oz 

21 1/2oz 

5 5oz sat in Belgium waiting for some other stuff to share its shipping😀

So look out for the first boxes Early December 

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2019 at 23:39, Alun said:

I've now started on a box for the Lunar 3, Its THE most technical box to date and is going to be something quite special 🤞🤞

It will begin with the 1oz silver version and the plan is to then do 1/2oz and 2oz  Silver early next year,Given the lack of a 10oz coin I've not decided on weather I will do type set yet.  But a 5oz box will follow as will versions for gold  coins later. 

You all know I'm only a small producer but will have the best box for this amazing set ❤

I've personally got some silver

21 1oz

11 2oz 

21 1/2oz 

5 5oz sat in Belgium waiting for some other stuff to share its shipping😀

So look out for the first boxes Early December 

Ooooh Yes Plz.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived