• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Thomas Hemmings candlae sticks Forsale

Archie

I see no proof that these are Thomas Hemming pieces.  There is no hallmark, for one.

I see a little possibility that it may be sold by another silversmith, turn of the 20th century, with the candlesticks being German imports - but again, struggle to find too much evidence for this.

I'm genuinely interested as they're delightful but would like more proof please.

On 08/07/2019 at 17:23, Clens92 said:

I see no proof that these are Thomas Hemming pieces.  There is no hallmark, for one.

I see a little possibility that it may be sold by another silversmith, turn of the 20th century, with the candlesticks being German imports - but again, struggle to find too much evidence for this.

I'm genuinely interested as they're delightful but would like more proof please.

From what I recall, TH hallmarks were cursive: 

Antique-English-Silver-Eight-Georgian-Lo

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Myself also im kind of stuck on what to think of these candle sticks,by putting them on here I was hoping that maybe somebody knows these and markings 

as ive been told a few different i.e tomas hemmes I also was told they was something to do with some French maker whom settled here.

these are stunning and very heavy each stands at 1ft high 

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

On 11/07/2019 at 23:28, Jimmock said:

You have these entered in an auction,is that correct? Surely you must have been given an auction estimate,list them at middle estimate,and see if anybody bites. Save on auction fees then.

what auction are these inn please enlighten me ? cause from where I sit I can see them staring me!

and I have now found out who and where these are made ….. before a certain few jump at me with silly comments and no facts that are true?

On 11/07/2019 at 20:12, Clens92 said:

Somewhat cheeky to advertise them as something when you're not sure yourself.

Are you wanting to sell, or are you after someone to do the hard work for you and provide you with all the information you need to price them up?

this is a forum ? yes

so please explain where one is cheeky! have you been inn ,any silver and gold forums before? you see this is what we do , we trade silver and gold and we like to chat and advise one another . silver members who think they know all...… so im not quite sure why you need to comment on something which clearly to expensive for you. have a good day ...

47 minutes ago, Archie said:

and I have now found out who and where these are made ….. before a certain few jump at me with silly comments and no facts that are true?

I got one would love to know who made them. They are astounding. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

3 hours ago, Archie said:

what auction are these inn please enlighten me ? cause from where I sit I can see them staring me!

have a pair of 1750/1780 Thomas hemmings candle sticks these are stunning,

they are due to be auctioned at sotherbys London in November however if any Hemmings collectors are interested in .   Arent these the same ones,if not then I apologise

Again, you need to state an asking price as stated in the trading section rules.

For sale listings

All topics listing items for sale must state an asking price. (Apart from when you are solely looking to exchange, then please state your asking exchange)

Additionally if you are selling them as "tomas hemmes" you need to be certain they are.  If you are not certain and cannot verify, then it should be made clear that they are "possibly Thomas Hemmes".

Archived