• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Paper currency or gold and silver

I see that a lot of posts seem to wonder if silver or gold is a good buy, will the price  go up or is the metals over valued.  The real question should be do you want paper currency or real money like gold and silver? I think that 99% of the worlds politicians are worthless and only care about themselves. Central bankers do not care about us either. Do you think the rich and the bankers are putting currency away? Or are they buy gold and silver?  Look and see what the smartest people in the world are doing and follow their lead. Jim

Liquidity, convertibility, retention purchasing power, risk plus other factors forgotten to mention need to take into account before storing wealth into any asset class. Paper currency, bonds, stocks, property, cryptos precious metals all asset classes. Every asset class will go through its bear and bull markets and entry and exit strategy plays a significant role in your return.

Have a tunnel vision putting all your eggs into single asset exposes yourself to more risk. Everything that is wrong with current system of finance and politics it could take generation(s) before we have better equilibrium and is not the reason allocate more wealth into PMs.

When comes to future price PMs regardless anyone says it is guessing game. It would not surprise me in the next six to twelve months Gold to hit $1700 everybody excited and then the price is subsequently smashed over the next few years all the way down to $1000.

1 hour ago, MrGeorge said:

Would never touch silver or property both terrible investments.  

It all depends some best Silver bought 10 oz Lions/Griffins have appreciated in premium. Some best rental properties I have on the main high street that were failed businesses sold at auction at a discount and converted into flats and rented out as residential property. You can buy some stocks that shoot up in value in a relative short time frame and others lose 90% value. Their are terrible and good investments across all asset classes.

invest in gold up to what your understanding of

gold allows. (belangp youtube)

this structure can be applied to any other

investment. the most successful investments

are unique to the individual. each investment

have their own unique pros and cons. given

timing many investments have their uses.

investments should be flexible and should

change with time in line with how your

understanding of the asset changes.

7 hours ago, blindguy said:

The real question should be do you want paper currency or real money like gold and silver?

this question implies rigidly sticking to one

choice or the other. you should choose the

tool that best fits the job at hand. changing

tools when necessary.

we're not choosing which football team we

are supporting here(where return on investment

is no where near as important as personal

reasons for supporting that team). getting

sentimental with investments is a recipe for

disaster.

HH

Paper currency is easier to carry and spend. If you want to hold your money as an investment I would put it into Gold or other precious metals to diversify and reap the benefits of an all weather asset. You will probably need a combination of both, along with some cryptoassets like Bitcoin.

On 05/07/2019 at 04:53, MrGeorge said:

Most billionaires put their money into public holdings — 36.4% of their portfolios were allocated to this asset class — followed by private holdings at 35%, liquid assets such as cash at 26.4%, and real estate and luxury assets at around 2.2%.

I personally put most of my money into stocks and then buy some gold. Would never touch silver or property both terrible investments. 

Don't buy property, buy land, land that isn't going to tax you every year or you have to maintain like a lawn, but land...other then hawaii god ain't making any more and the population is going to make it rise in value one day, as long as it a long way above sea level and a short way from services.

Archived