• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

And the prize for the worst courier company goes to ?

silversurf

FEDEX. What an utter shower. 

They very kindly sent me a reminder text to expect delivery of a package yesterday, yes you've guessed it, stopped in all day and a complete no show. At least I caught up on things to do around the house. Today I got another early morning text  7 am, to expect delivery today and guess what , again absolutely sweet nothing. Thers more chance of meeting Lord Lucan or Shergar then seeing a Fedex driver in my neck of the woods.

How can a company in this day and age treat their customers with such utter contempt and still be in business. Why do dealers use these cowboys?

Would appreciate any comments from the US to see if their service is just as bad over there or they just save their incompetence for us Brits.

Rant over unless someone can come up with something better.

I see you are in Hampshire, like me. 

You probably had the same delivery driver as me a few months ago. 

Total wally and abusive to boot. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Sorry you have a bad experience, but this pales to insignificance with Yodel.  Routinely "deliver" packages to behind/in bins, or just leave on dootsteps.  You stay in and find they don't bother to knock on the door and just deposit as above. 

Must be a local problem because my FedEx packages arrive exactly on the day they are supposed to. My only complaint is getting bombarded with email updates.
When I ran a business we had lots of packages arriving from the USA and FedEx were as good as UPS and DHL so no issues. Sorry to hear of your problem but you should formally complain in writing.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Must be a local problem because my FedEx packages arrive exactly on the day they are supposed to. My only complaint is getting bombarded with email updates.
When I ran a business we had lots of packages arriving from the USA and FedEx were as good as UPS and DHL so no issues. Sorry to hear of your problem but you should formally complain in writing.

You must have someone that manages your local depot and actually cares about the service they give. Well done to that depot. As BYB mentioned earlier we are in the same vicinity and probably serviced by the same depot which seems to be managed by someone who doesn't give two hoots.

At the end of the day there's not much I can do and i have to suck it up. No point complaining to FedEx, with a Trustpilot rating of 67% at 1%, a leopard isn't going to change its spots any time soon.

I will forward the experience on to the dealer, excellent service on their part, yet let down by shoddy cowboys on the delivery end.

10 minutes ago, silversurf said:

You must have someone that manages your local depot and actually cares about the service they give. Well done to that depot. As BYB mentioned earlier we are in the same vicinity and probably serviced by the same depot which seems to be managed by someone who doesn't give two hoots.

At the end of the day there's not much I can do and i have to suck it up. No point complaining to FedEx, with a Trustpilot rating of 67% at 1%, a leopard isn't going to change its spots any time soon.

I will forward the experience on to the dealer, excellent service on their part, yet let down by shoddy cowboys on the delivery end.

Having lived in Hampshire myself ( first job ) I can only sympathise.
Nothing to do with the North/South divide or Brexit ??
You need to email headquarters and formally complain hoping your local depot manager gets the boot.

Thanks @Pete, once I get my hands on the package I will probably do that. I work in the service industry and it just frustrates me how these companies get away with such shoddy practices and still stay in business.

Maybe it just how the company treats their employees and the malaise just drip feeds its way down the chain.

In my experience, historically FedEx were always one of the better ones. Since they've merged with TNT, they've had issues. They seem to have taken the worst bits of both services and combined them. 

That said, I can't fault our local FedEx driver.

Hands down DPD, failed to show three times when picking a parcel up and four times when the delivery was due. When I phoned, many times, the first thing you hear is a message asking you to respect and do not swear at their staff! That's got to tell you something.

On 29/06/2019 at 19:11, BackyardBullion said:

I see you are in Hampshire, like me. 

You probably had the same delivery driver as me a few months ago. 

Total wally and abusive to boot. 

Up ere in da Norf  the delivery drivers no Betta than to be abusive. Try going t door wi tats on show and devil dog barking in background. 

On 30 June 2019 at 09:59, tallthinkev said:

Hands down DPD, failed to show three times when picking a parcel up and four times when the delivery was due. When I phoned, many times, the first thing you hear is a message asking you to respect and do not swear at their staff! That's got to tell you something.

Never had them pick up but the last few deliveries from them have been brilliant. Text or email the night before, another at 7 am with a delivery window, then delivery pretty much spot on. 

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 30/06/2019 at 08:56, Sanctuary79 said:

In my experience, historically FedEx were always one of the better ones. Since they've merged with TNT, they've had issues. They seem to have taken the worst bits of both services and combined them. 

Well it turned up today, via TNT, a driver who I happen to know and without warning. Certainly @Sanctuary79 assessment seems pretty spot on. Seems like my package got passed around depots. My guy didn't know anything about previous delivery appointments but at least its turned up.

Thank goodness for Royal Mail, never had a problem yet, touch wood.

Archived