• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK first £100 for £100 silver coin... Big Ben 2015 (seriously?)

daniel.yrh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a sign of a high demand?

It's been in the paper and on BBC news website, and the mail shot.

Could be Danny, its also on the business section of the BBC's teletext and I haven't seen that before for a coin.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

It's been intimated that I may well be getting one of these for my birthday in 2 weeks.

Won't do much to lower my £/oz, but it would be a pretty cool gift.

What's this Danny your Mam making amends  ;)

These seemingly don't serve any purpose for me

If I'm going to sit on £100 id prefer it to be more liquid/recognised form aka in the bank or cash

If im going to buy precious metals im sure there are a lot more semi numi choices with better potential upsides

If you like it because you're a collector I suppose you aren't going to lose anything.  

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

just curious (since I am not residing in UK)... how easy it is in UK to bring your Big Ben to a bank teller/merchant and make payment for £100?

from what I read online, those $20 for $20, $50 for $50, $100 for $100 coins from RCM are accepted by banks and the mint depends on whether they want to take them in... So it is not 100% that one can get back his fiat.

It is unlikely a shop would accept a £100 coin, but most banks would and the post office will. Why are you so concerned when you are not interested in the coin anyway.

A waste of money if you ask me.

You either keep it as a £100 coin and watch its buying power reduce year on year through inflation or hope silver goes to the moon in which case you would be better off buying £100 worth of silver to start with,

Or buy one, show your kids, nieces, nephews and friends, hold on to it for a couple of years, have a chance of it increasing in value due to it's low mintage and collectable properties, sell it for a profit, if not just take it to your local post office and turn it back to paper.

Let's face it you'll get next to nothing having £100 sitting in the bank.

A waste of money if you ask me.

You either keep it as a £100 coin and watch its buying power reduce year on year through inflation or hope silver goes to the moon in which case you would be better off buying £100 worth of silver to start with,

That's your opinion and with inflation very low, potentially on paper loosing a pound or two a year isn't going to break anyone.This coin is aimed at collectors who tend to hold coins because they like them not to turn them over for a few quid.Funny how a few originally hostile attitudes towards this coin are now changing.

From the write up on the RM site, we should expect to see more £100 coins - "Or, as a proud citizen, keep it at the heart of your collection – you will be able to add new editions as they are released and watch your set grow over time."

Just looking at the sold listings on ebay and someone's paid £750 for this coin, madness!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%C2%A3100+silver+coin+big+ben&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

You clicked on the completed auction button, not on the sold button.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%C2%A3100+silver+coin+big+ben&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Only one sold and a little less than £750 :)

Archived