• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Sixpences: George IV - 1825 and 1827

AndrewSL76

Hello!

Does anyone either have an 1825 and 1827 sixpence that they are willing to sell, or know of where they can be located? I've searched on Ebay and they are either in awful condition, offered by sellers that I would not trust or ridiculously priced. I have attended a few recent auctions and these non-scarce coins seem to be quite scarce. Bizarre that I've been able to pick up a number of very fine 1828 sixpences with relative ease (mintage of 15,840) yet the '25 (483,120) and '27 (166,320) are hiding from me!!

I am willing to pay:

1825 - if fine: 15.00; if very fine: 32.00.

1827 - if fine: 35.00; if very fine: 60.00.

I think that these prices are fair, but please do PM or message me here in reply (I am happy to be told that the prices are wrong, if they are wrong because we all have to learn!).

Many thanks!

Andrew.

Have you tried Britannia Coins> https://www.britannia-coins.co.uk? Pete is a trusted seller and tends to be very reasonable, If no joy - let me know and will reach out to people. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

35 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Have you tried Britannia Coins> https://www.britannia-coins.co.uk? Pete is a trusted seller and tends to be very reasonable, If no joy - let me know and will reach out to people. 

Thanks for this recommendation. Certainly looks very good. No joy from the shop front but I will contact him directly. If you do have any other contacts or thoughts it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

https://saltfordcoins.com/products/1825-george-4-ref664

I’m lacking knowledge on these but brief research suggests 1827 is a key date?

Edit: I’m always drawm to the letters UNC!! So I’ll just leave this here 😉

https://www.gbclassiccoins.co.uk/shop/sixpences/1825-george-iv-milled-silver-sixpence-unc/

Many, many thanks @Elements some good coins there - but way way way above value. Crazy prices for these coins. I did whack out some cash recently on a James II sixpence and also a William and Mary, but there is no way I'd be paying that much for a 1825 sixpence.....C.R.A.Z.Y. money.

Thank you for the links though - really, really appreciate that help. Looks like they have other coins at not such crazy prices!!

Andrew.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Many, many thanks @Elements some good coins there - but way way way above value. Crazy prices for these coins. I did whack out some cash recently on a James II sixpence and also a William and Mary, but there is no way I'd be paying that much for a 1825 sixpence.....C.R.A.Z.Y. money.

Thank you for the links though - really, really appreciate that help. Looks like they have other coins at not such crazy prices!!

Andrew.

No problem, I only really follow sovereigns. As you’ve observed with the sixpence I  occasionally see good deals but rarely you get a bargain from a dealer.

Archived