• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Flea Bay bidding up of own goods

Stu66

35 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

That might be the case but if it's been resolved then the seller should be able to gave the feedback removed.

It’s not resolved if the seller refuses to send an item because it didn’t reach a price they wanted, even if they do refund.  The negative feedback is to warn other sellers what a time waster the seller is.  If the seller doesn’t want to sell at a low price they should start their auctions at a higher price.  It’s a bad customer experience for the buyer and as long as the feedback is factual, there is no chance the seller will get it removed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

If you get your money back you can't leave feedback, I've tried several times.

strange, i've done it a few times. the last time the guy clearly couldn't get it removed because he messaged me and a good old go at me😂

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

strange, i've done it a few times. the last time the guy clearly couldn't get it removed because he messaged me and a good old go at me😂

Maybe that's the us versus the uk...I used to be able to leave feedback and scorched a few bad actors but now you get two weeks to get things sorted out then if the seller doesn't respond you get a full refund and no way to leave feedback...the option is taken away which I feel is like ebay us protecting the sellers when they con the buyers.

16 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

It’s not resolved if the seller refuses to send an item because it didn’t reach a price they wanted, even if they do refund.  The negative feedback is to warn other sellers what a time waster the seller is.  If the seller doesn’t want to sell at a low price they should start their auctions at a higher price.  It’s a bad customer experience for the buyer and as long as the feedback is factual, there is no chance the seller will get it removed.

I bought an item for a bargain in  my eyes and the seller gave a shipping number which was the one that you can print out from ebay but the tracking never moved, it was not accepted at their local post office, it was never shipped...the seller said it must gave been lost en route...no, the tracking woukd gave had something to the point it was list...it said the tracking was printed out and nothing else.

The seller said it might show up...but obviously it never did, it's an old con to not sell an item cheaply but after three weeks I got a full refund,so my money was tied up while the seller had use of it for those three weeks and after the resolution I looked for the leave feedback and nothing, no option, nothing, ebay snuffed out any chance I had to warn others, effectively being an accessory after the fact, so this seller can do it again and again with no risk.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

I bought an item for a bargain in  my eyes and the seller gave a shipping number which was the one that you can print out from ebay but the tracking never moved, it was not accepted at their local post office, it was never shipped...the seller said it must gave been lost en route...no, the tracking woukd gave had something to the point it was list...it said the tracking was printed out and nothing else.

The seller said it might show up...but obviously it never did, it's an old con to not sell an item cheaply but after three weeks I got a full refund,so my money was tied up while the seller had use of it for those three weeks and after the resolution I looked for the leave feedback and nothing, no option, nothing, ebay snuffed out any chance I had to warn others, effectively being an accessory after the fact, so this seller can do it again and again with no risk.

As you said above, it must be a US thing.  You can definitely leave negative feedback on eBay UK under the circumstances you describe.

46 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Are you talking about when a seller cancels the transaction?  Looks like you can leave feedback on eBay.com...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/How-can-you-leave-feedback-for-a-cancelled-order/qaq-p/24967147

Not cancels, but simply the item never arrives, is different or damaged from what you bought, the normal stuff that annoys buyers. .so,e thing you should be warned about when it's a serial act, one reason feedback was liked by buyers and sellers if they got conned...but now it's protecting the guilty to the suffering of future buyers and sellers.

7 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Not cancels, but simply the item never arrives, is different or damaged from what you bought, the normal stuff that annoys buyers. .so,e thing you should be warned about when it's a serial act, one reason feedback was liked by buyers and sellers if they got conned...but now it's protecting the guilty to the suffering of future buyers and sellers.

Are you referring to a case being opened bu buyer?  You should be able to leave feedback after that, you can in the UK.

Archived