• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Travelling to the USA

Kellyrob1uk

Hi guys I am off to Florida next week and I am wanting to buy a little bit of silver while I am over there. Can anyone recommend anywhere I could go or does anyone no if I could use American websites and get stuff delivered to the Villa we are staying at. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you 

7 minutes ago, Kellyrob1uk said:

Hi guys I am off to Florida next week and I am wanting to buy a little bit of silver while I am over there. Can anyone recommend anywhere I could go or does anyone no if I could use American websites and get stuff delivered to the Villa we are staying at. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you 

Just Google local coin shop and then go there...it's that easy for me and I'm in florida.

Welcome to Florida. It's a dran shame your a few months behind as I would have suggested the FUN show which a huge coin show in Florida. I go every year and find the best ancient coins and this year I saw some cool sovereigns from a sell who live in Australia.  

9 hours ago, SilverPanFan said:

Welcome to Florida. It's a dran shame your a few months behind as I would have suggested the FUN show which a huge coin show in Florida. I go every year and find the best ancient coins and this year I saw some cool sovereigns from a sell who live in Australia.  

There's always going to be another, we have Orlando about three hours from me and naples right down the road with money to burn so there's going to be some good stuff around.

14 hours ago, Kellyrob1uk said:

If your going to Orlando I can recommend the Orlando coin exchange. 

I would give them a call before hand for an appointment. 

IMG_20190501_095450.jpg

22 hours ago, Kellyrob1uk said:

You're likely to get the best prices from online dealers, especially those that offer free shipping. Local coin shops tend to be more expensive, and their selection is usually quite poor.

The lowest priced dealers are Silver.com and SD Bullion. 99% of the time one of those two will have the lowest price for any given product. I did some price comparisons in this article. The relative standing of the dealers tends to be stable, so the article is still fruitful. Other dealers to check out are BOLD Precious Metals and Gainesville Coins. Forget about APMEX if you want good prices.

Thank you all for your replies and help. Yes we are off to Orlando but we have a car and are going to be travelling about. I would consider delivery I just need to make sure they would deliver to our villa and what happens if we aint in. Don’t no how it works in America! Once again thank you all for your help 

I emailed silver.com to see if they would deliver to my villa and this was there reply.

Hello Kelly, 

Thank you for contacting Silver.com. Unfortunately, we require the shipping and billing address to match on orders. Further, we only accept payment based on a US-based financial institution. We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

If you need further assistance, please contact our support team via email or Live Chat. Have a great day!

Oh well never mind I will have to have a look around for some coin shops. 

2 hours ago, Kellyrob1uk said:

Thank you will definitely check this one out 

After a few days at Disney my family wanted a lay in so I drove over to the Orlando coin exchange (because my body won't sleep for more than six hours no matter how hard I try). The guys in there are top blokes and when you are used to buying in the UK and Europe the price will leave you gobsmacked. 

Great selection of coins/ rounds and bars. I wish I had gone back for a few 10oz englehard bars now 😕. The experience was far better than any online purchase. 

I will definitely be going back next year 😁

Just remember that airport security will want to put their grubby hands on your nice shiny silver so best to keep it in your hand luggage along with the receipt. But once they have checked it you won't have any problems.

Enjoy your holiday

14 hours ago, Kellyrob1uk said:

Thank you will definitely check this one out 

You can find local coin shops everywhere over here, I find the pawn brokers seem to ask the most for coins and silver, almost retail for second hand scratched up stuff, if you want just silver ask at coin shops if they have scrap silver or gold in, you can get that at great rates if they have them because these are the things they are about to sell to the refiners who do the rounds every month...if your not too fussy about rings and things you can save a packet and then sell them back home or stash them like me.

I have silver delivered to my villa from Apmex , no issues, i always place the order before leaving the uk. I have been doing this for several years. You can pay more for faster delivery , it usually takes around 5 days.

steve

Archived