• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from the Buckingham Collection

HighlandTiger

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

Maybe they are just drop shipping from H&B

3 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

Maybe they are just drop shipping from H&B

In my experience with them they are not shipping at all just taking people's money.

Joking aside, the condition of my Buckingham Sovereign was absolutely first rate - whereas one of the three that I had from H&B was definitely "bullion" grade...….

9 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Joking aside, the condition of my Buckingham Sovereign was absolutely first rate - whereas one of the three that I had from H&B was definitely "bullion" grade...….

Great news - I should receive tracking information at the end of this week I believe

3 minutes ago, Mcgrimes said:

Great news - I should receive tracking information at the end of this week I believe

Good stuff. I'm glad I sat Buckingham out though to see others experiences first. Even for the value sovs, I couldn't have handled the wait you lads are going through.

I saw this on google reviews (last one from steve sharp) so it must be in their T&C

gr.jpg

9 minutes ago, Goldflinger said:

Good stuff. I'm glad I sat Buckingham out though to see others experiences first. Even for the value sovs, I couldn't have handled the wait you lads are going through.

I saw this on google reviews (last one from steve sharp) so it must be in their T&C

Their response to Steve Sharp's review makes me dislike them even more.

Wow.. 28 days... the only think I can think, is that they use the funds from customer purchases and only deliver when they can "afford" to deliver... so perhaps they are running behind, and are only able to source stock to deliver once a certain amount of purchases have been made... then they deliver the first batch and wait on more purchases before sourcing and delivering the rest? Considering the owner's business track record I would definitely suspect something like that.

I knew both companies were in Bournemouth - but it's very odd how H&B orders are delivered really quickly, yet those from Buckingham take several weeks; most strange...…..

I could definitely see the whole business model of selling lots of loss leaders subsidised by subsequent smaller sales of overpriced coins falling apart depending on when you started up.

If H&B started in 2014 according to cos house, they had a handy 2 years of generally falling gold prices for the model to bed in, and ultimately see them through 'bad/expensive' years.

If BC only started up towards the end of last year, the uptrend on gold since could very quickly knock them out. Bad/unlucky timing.

I'm maybe reading too much into it all :huh:

On 19/06/2019 at 16:06, Goldhooked said:

According to Buckingham Collections website they are based in Bournemouth, not far from H&B!

hb.PNG.d84e8506a78274f287f4d14ec711667b.PNG

The Buckingham Collection is run out of mailing offices, Richmond Hose, Richmond Hill lists the following other companies:

APPIUS INTERNATIONAL LTD - SUITE 1 FIRST FLOOR, RICHMOND HOUSE RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
SOHO CITI LIMITED - SUITE 5&6 RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
R & J DISTRIBUTIONS LIMITED - SUITE 1, RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, UNITED KINGDOM, BH2 6EZ
I SUPPLY ENERGY LIMITED - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, ENGLAND, BH2 6EZ
BUDGET MOBILE COVER LTD - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EZ
PLANET NUMBERS LIMITED - SUITE 3, FIRST FLOOR RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EZ
THE BIG WINE FESTIVAL LIMITED - 3RD FLOOR, RICHMOND HOUSE RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, UNITED KINGDOM, BH2 6EZ
SIMPLY LOTTO LTD - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
BIG WARRANTIES LIMITED - SUITE 5 & 6 RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EZ
ADONIS FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED - RICHMOND HOUSE, SUITE 1, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM, BH2 6EZ
ELECTUS RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS LIMITED - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
NATIONWIDE SATELLITE SERVICES LTD - SUITE 5 AND 5 RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
GO ASSIST LTD - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EZ
ITAN CORPORATION LTD - 1ST FLOOR SUITE 5 AND 6 RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH2 6EZ
MARKET FLOOR LTD - RICHMOND HOUSE, RICHMOND HILL, BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND, BH2 6EZ

In addition to the above, I also discovered this company that also runs out of Richmond House:
RICHMOND MARKETING SOLUTIONS LTD

363353367_richmondmarketingltd.png.755881919dc83bca6afdfe086309a887.png

The director (NURUL ISLAM UDDIN) is also a director of The Buckingham Collection. The company (Richmond Marketing) was formed only 3 weeks ago. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/DqGC1Qyy_LGAGWjSTvqZpAa6MtY/appointments

258615016_nuruisla.thumb.png.5c2905ced9ac523a07322c1ff620be05.png

The Buckingham Collection certainly appears to be just a marketing company run out of a mailing office. A company/ies with no history or filed returns. Could well be they are ordering through another dealer such as H&B etc.

1 hour ago, RichRock said:

Any updates? Did those of you waiting receive your coins this week?

No is the short answer. I was told on Tuesday that my order had been cancelled because I had told them that I would be contacting Trading Standards if they could not provide me with a firm date when my coins would be delivered. I was promised an e-mail confirming that my order had been.cancelled by close of businees on Tuesday and my money would be returned however at the time of writing I have not had any e-mail, coins or a refund.

9 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Yeah you are not covered. 

Thought that was the case, despite still charging fees!

I believe things get even more complicated if you paid on a credit card via PayPal, in which case section 75 (?) doesn't apply 

Archived