• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from the Buckingham Collection

HighlandTiger

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rang twice on Friday to ask what had happened to my order of 2 2019 sovs they promised to ring me back but never did. Rang on Saturday phone was answered but told this was only an out of hours service and  they were unable to provide an answer. Got a call this morning to say they were out of stock but assured me that they would be delivered this week. As the order was placed on 31/5/19 I am thinking this is a scam.

Tried no answer, so i have emailed them with questions. Why have the Sovereigns not been delivered. When are the sovereigns going to be delivered by.  ETC.  If i do not get an answer within a few days then i will get in touch with the credit card.    

1 minute ago, Pipers said:

Tried no answer, so i have emailed them with questions. Why have the Sovereigns not been delivered. When are the sovereigns going to be delivered by.  ETC.  If i do not get an answer within a few days then i will get in touch with the credit card.    

Snap. I told them to reply to my email within 24 hours or I would be taking the matter further. Have opened a resolution case with Paypal, which means they will send them a email as well. Maybe the threat of losing their paypal account might shift their arses. 

9 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Do you think this bloke has been just buying them from the mint and selling them at a loss, but this recent price hike had caused him to make too much of a loss?

You may have hit the nail on the head. 

Maybe I’m just a cynical old git but I wonder if the guy who started this thread has something to do with them...?

All his posts are about this company.  He supposedly received his sovs from them in 3 days (ordered May 15th, received May 18th).  And he accused @ilovesilverireallydo of slander over a previous heads up of the company...

29 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Maybe I’m just a cynical old git but I wonder if the guy who started this thread has something to do with them...?

All his posts are about this company.  He supposedly received his sovs from them in 3 days (ordered May 15th, received May 18th).  And he accused @ilovesilverireallydo of slander over a previous heads up of the company...

Look at post history. Smells like shill https://thesilverforum.com/profile/6783-collectorharrison/

i refused to give these clowns my money, and more importantly my personal details like address 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

11 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I have raised this on the forum several times to be honest... 

Nice one, good work, apologies if I am covering the same ground :) 

2 minutes ago, RichRock said:

Nice one, good work, apologies if I am covering the same ground :) 

Not at all. I think we should highlight as often and as relevant when these type of things crop up. Too many shysters out there. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

27 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Not at all. I think we should highlight as often and as relevant when these type of things crop up. Too many shysters out there. 

Absolutely, fully agree 👍

It maybe he wants to start a new business in this sector and his way of getting his name out there is to offer these cheap sovereigns in the hope to get return customers or up sales on other items.

Many now successful companies have started from people spare rooms so you never know, this "could" go on to be a valid company people buy from for  years... but... i would also personally be worried a little. The delay in shipping may indicate they dont have the sovs in stock, perhaps expecting a dip in the market to make money.

There are 2 sides to every story, but with the amount of money being spent on bullion, it can be way too easy to make some money fast and do a runner. Thing is, lets say this was a seller on eBay, they have safe guards in place to some degree but it doesn't stop people getting scammed. It can happen all over the place, and I  think people being cautious on this one are probably wise till we have a bit more proof/feedback on the current orders.

On 17/06/2019 at 16:12, RichRock said:

I have looked into the Buckingham Collection LTD., I haven't bought from them, this info is just to help out other forum members:

The Director is 29 years old, born Sept 1989, Mr Ronnie Lee Royston.

The company was formed only in Sept last year, it’s capital stands currently at £100, Ronnie Lee Royston is the major shareholder with 70% total shares.

He has had numerous Ltd companies over the last few years, including:

GYM PANTHER LTD, Company Number 11369591, Incorporated May 2018, voluntary strike off the register (no accounts) APRIL 2019.

HOME APPLIANCE ASSIST LTD, Company Number 10383472, incorporated Sept 2016, current capital and reserves: £21,935

DOMESTIC RESPONSE LTD (Previously known as INSURE MY LIFE LTD), Company Number 11486926, incorporated July 2018, termination of appointment as director 12 Nov 2018 (no accounts).

BUCKINGHAM COLLECTION LTD, Company Number 11577407, was incorporated on 19 SEPT 2018 with £100 capital, there are currently no financial statement file returns.

The only financial statements I can find are from his washing machine/home appliance/boiler servicing business, and looking at the latest file returns I expect this to probably be a one man and a van operation having earned £21,935.

His home appliance website: https://www.homeapplianceassist.co.uk/

His yelp page with reviews, note the same address as the Buckingham Collection Ltd:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/home-appliance-assist-dorset?adjust_creative=dWJMtmYxpd5N5yoyzSuhtA&utm_campaign=yelp_api&utm_medium=api_v2_business&utm_source=dWJMtmYxpd5N5yoyzSuhtA&hrid=4eWMNZbCJwV034BHwY_NGg 

Companies House files for Buckingham Collection: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11577407/filing-history

Buyer Beware.

Archived