• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello from Toronto, Canada

Semish

Hello everyone,  I would like to introduce myself to everyone as I am new to the site. I am new to silver stacking (3 Months) and want to learn as much as I can.

I am looking for info where in Canada or Toronto area I can purchase or order Silver for good price.

Looks like all the good deals are only in USA 😞 and shipping from there is crazy. It will be nice to have site like Apmex in Canada .

Welcome to the forum!

To get you off on a headstart the main place I visit when back in the Toronto area is:

Canadian PMX

Silver Gold Bull also offers a pickup service for qualifying online orders in Toronto though you need to speak to them for this.

Silver Gold Bull also lists some local Toronto area dealers here

It is also worth checking out the list of bullion dealers connected to The Royal Canadian Mint here

Its always worth shopping around as prices can fluctuate and there are a lot of dealers in the Toronto area. There is a dealer in Mississauga whose name escapes me (though they should be listed on that mint.ca page above) who consistently offers RCM 10oz bars cheaper than anyone else.

Happy Stacking!

3 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Welcome to the forum!

To get you off on a headstart the main place I visit when back in the Toronto area is:

Canadian PMX

Silver Gold Bull also offers a pickup service for qualifying online orders in Toronto though you need to speak to them for this.

Silver Gold Bull also lists some local Toronto area dealers here

It is also worth checking out the list of bullion dealers connected to The Royal Canadian Mint here

Its always worth shopping around as prices can fluctuate and there are a lot of dealers in the Toronto area. There is a dealer in Mississauga whose name escapes me (though they should be listed on that mint.ca page above) who consistently offers RCM 10oz bars cheaper than anyone else.

Happy Stacking!

Thank you very much for all the information !!!

I know about CanadianPMX. I purchased from them my first silver from them. I love that store . Only I see that they are not updating prices if spot price move and some coins like American Eagles have there high premium around $26-27. My last purchases of Eagles was 23 and 24 dollars from place just next door rom them ( Lucky that day :-)

SilverGoldBull - What do yo mean "Pickup service online orders in Toronto" ? I know they have Free shipping over $500 but their prices are also not the best.

If you will find the name of the dealer in Mississauga that will be great . Thank you !!

I did some purchases on eBay but after purchasing 2 Morgan (not an authentic Morgans but Chinese copy)  I stopped :-(

So far I ordered from https://thecoinshoppe.ca/  They have free shipping over $400 and I was very happy with the service provided and coins received

Thank you again for all your help !!!!

Semish

23 hours ago, Semish said:

Thank you very much for all the information !!!

I know about CanadianPMX. I purchased from them my first silver from them. I love that store . Only I see that they are not updating prices if spot price move and some coins like American Eagles have there high premium around $26-27. My last purchases of Eagles was 23 and 24 dollars from place just next door rom them ( Lucky that day :-)

SilverGoldBull - What do yo mean "Pickup service online orders in Toronto" ? I know they have Free shipping over $500 but their prices are also not the best.

If you will find the name of the dealer in Mississauga that will be great . Thank you !!

I did some purchases on eBay but after purchasing 2 Morgan (not an authentic Morgans but Chinese copy)  I stopped 😞

So far I ordered from https://thecoinshoppe.ca/  They have free shipping over $400 and I was very happy with the service provided and coins received

Thank you again for all your help !!!!

Semish

Yeah prices really are all over the place amongst the dealers which is why I definitely stress shopping around. Another couple for your consideration that have come to mind since my last post:

Bullion Mart - the website appears to be a bit slow (at least in the Firefox browser I am using) but they are another decent dealer with a physical store located on Queen St. in Toronto.

Kitco - based in Montreal and online only (unless you find yourself in Montreal) with no real option for free shipping (well the offer free shipping if spending above $5000 but only ground service taking aprox. 30 days). They have a good selection though and generally very good prices plus they often do deals so it is worth signing up to their email alerts. I believe at the moment they are doing 1oz gold Maples at only $14.99 over spot.

The Mississauga dealer I was thinking of is called A-Precious Metals (wonder if they regret that name now that directories/phone books aren't really used) however their current price for 10oz RCM bars is not competitive. Still a dealer you can add to the list of those to check when shopping around for something as I have bought items from them in the past specifically because they were offering the best price.

As for SIlver Gold Bull they offer a collection service in Toronto but you have to arrange it by phone so if you want the info about what products you can get this way, etc you need to phone them. It can be worth considering if they have something you want at the right price but the order doesn't go above the free shipping threshold.

It could also be worth doing a search for local coin shows in your area. I seem to remember there being quite a few in the Toronto area though the last time I went to one would have been more than 11 years ago before I moved to the UK so can't pass on any reliable information about them.

eBay can be a very dodgy place to buy coins but it can also be very good if you know what you are looking for and aren't afraid of raising cases if you receive a fake. I use ebay quite a bit here in the UK because the VAT rules on silver here mean buying from UK dealers is not feasible. I've had some great deals and my ebay purchases make up a good chunk of my collection but I tend to focus on items I know aren't likely to be faked or that I know well enough to spot fakes from the photos. With ebay I definitely recommend staying within what you know well so you can protect yourself and of course testing anything you buy.

Lastly if you intend on building any collection based upon or even just including Canadian coins I can't recommend making use of The Charlton Press for their reference books enough. You'll learn everything you want to know about the coins you want to collect from those books - they are really good.

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum! 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived