• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

House of Silver's 1oz Bar

Northwest

These were made before I discovered this forum.  They were intended to be used as giveaways from our website (marketing purposes).

Any opinion regarding them would be much appreciated.

And while you are here, take a look at our Sterling Silver Tree of Life giveaway.  In fact we host regular silver jewellery giveaways, so keep an eye on our blog.

20190328_153958forum.jpg

20190328_154035forum.jpg

8 hours ago, Silverhunter said:

Looks good only thing I'd change is to .999

I thought about it, but as it was intended for general public, I decided 'Sterling' would make more sense than 'Fine'.  Also, casting in fine silver would be more complicated and expensive.

6 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

So you joined the forum just to promote your site? 

Not really.  Even though few can rival with us on prices or quality, I don't see forum members as customers.

I come across of buckets full of old silver ready to be melted.  I'm pretty sure there are some coins as well, however never paid attention before as I had no clue about them.  Usually there are lots of chains, silverware (spoons, cups, trays, etc.) and bits of jewellery.   Some bits look quite old, could have some antique value, but again, I don't know much and didn't have time to dive in it.  

Now, my question is if there any particular items I should look for in these old silver piles.  I think i could get them for attractive prices.  Some samples on the image:

20190530_110703bb.jpg

Ingots when cleaned up do well on eBay. Up to £1 a gram

Those pendants - probably £0.50 a gram. 

Coins - depends. I would always be interested in Sterling coins. 

Look for year hallmarks - the older the more likely they have value. Always happy to help sift through if you send me a message. I deal with a lot of older silver jewellery

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Thanks for reply.  I'll keep eyes open for coins. As I said, pretty sure there are some usually.   Can you give me a link to hallmark dates (shouldn't be asking when I'm registered with assay office :)).

I know there are usually lot of chains, all sizes and weights.  is there any interest in them or eBay again?

1 hour ago, Northwest said:

Thanks for reply.  I'll keep eyes open for coins. As I said, pretty sure there are some usually.   Can you give me a link to hallmark dates (shouldn't be asking when I'm registered with assay office :)).

I know there are usually lot of chains, all sizes and weights.  is there any interest in them or eBay again?

Date letter checks here https://theassayoffice.com/help-with-hallmarks/date-letters2

Traditional marks here https://theassayoffice.com/anatomy-of-a-hallmark

Makers marks here http://www.silvercollection.it/dictionarydecryptingUKsterlingmarks.html

There may be interest in chains. Again send pics and details...

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived