• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Victoria Celebration Sovereign Strike-On-Day

goldmember44

Ok muppets listen up.. I was offered one for £600 at the Midland Coin Fair..and that’s without haggling..and that’s a fact. I’m not telling you who was selling at that price, as I’m hoping to buy of him next month if he still has the coins and, it’s in good condition..

To be honest I can’t remember the dealers name, else I would have contacted him already...to give you all a sporting chance (I like a good game) he was about 3+stalls down from Michael Veissid, straight down from the entrance.

Happy hunting @richatthecroft and @fehk2001 ..the chase is on.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Happy hunting @richatthecroft and @fehk2001 ..the chase is on.

No chase required- I have one in my collection already- no collection requires two of these.

I never disputed you having being offered one for £600 why would I? I wasn’t in attendance. 

Given that in the last week I saw a 2017 Proof Half NGC69 apparently  sell on here for £100- nothing will ever surprise me again in terms of why people would almost give away their investments or certainly not attempt to get anywhere near the items actual value. 

No, what I pointed out was that if I was to see a coin such as this- 650 mintage and highly sought after-  being offered for such a low price, I wouldn’t have been the Muppet I have been known to be called...because I wouldn’t have left it on the table.

it was simply a gift of a price- good luck with it when you finally get it bought. 

7 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Don’t get too serious 😂 we are teasing you 

I guess my contribution could be seen as teasing however, it sounds like @Kookaburracollector Had already conceded that at £600- he should have bitten the dealers hand off- I would have eaten porridge every day until my next paycheque if the alternative was to miss out on such a gift. 

39 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I’m hoping to buy of him next month if he still has the coins and, it’s in good condition..

18 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Was the coin scratched or something? ;)

Apparently not.

6 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

I guess my contribution could be seen as teasing however, it sounds like @Kookaburracollector Had already conceded that at £600- he should have bitten the dealers hand off- I would have eaten porridge every day until my next paycheque if the alternative was to miss out on such a gift. 

Hi..I don’t mind a bit of teasing by the way..but that’s another story 😂 You are quite correct, I probably should have bought it. I think if I hadn’t already got one I would have, subject to condition of course. Another dealer I talked too thought I would be lucky to get my money back if selling!!.. I know this..if I come across one in perfect condition I will find a way to buy it.. I think an MS70 grade of this coin will be a rarity..happy hunting!

BTW I didn’t inspect the coin, it was all boxed up so can’t comment on its condition unfortunately.

2 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

As much Porridge as you all can eat 😉

Actually this is a good idea 

same as royal mint everything has “ the first time ever “ 

The first time , coin show 

porridge on the day 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

47 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Nobody appears to be eating- perhaps  they omitted the Silver Porridge spoon? 

Her Right Royal Majesty will be absolutely screwed once the Table Tax and Spoon Tax come in :o 

Just to resurrect this thread having just taken another look at the 'Today I Received' thread.   I see @Silvergun is another very happy holder of this Celebratery Victoria Sovereign.

OK, of course I'm biased, I own this Sovereign too- but the more times I see one of these photographed the more I believe that over time, this has got to be a winner - its a stunner. Nothing not to like about it.  Take another look at it following the link below and scroll a little way down the page- its fantastic.    

• 2 weeks later...

There were plenty of these sovereign under a grand last month pound fvf fixed and auctions but this time there isn’t anything like that this time 

Price going up?

15 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

There were plenty of these sovereign under a grand last month pound fvf fixed and auctions but this time there isn’t anything like that this time 

Price going up?

Yes, likely, I think because the stocks are very limited, and most people who wanted to flip and sell have already sold, they are now harder to find -- and hence the price goes up.

30 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yes, likely, I think because the stocks are very limited, and most people who wanted to flip and sell have already sold, they are now harder to find -- and hence the price goes up.

Looks like these are going rate at 700 at the moment 

Archived