• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Victoria Celebration Sovereign Strike-On-Day

goldmember44

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

For me this one is a quick flip whilst collectors who missed out seek to gain one, then interest will go down (like the Pistrucci SotD - still doing good things but nothing like it was originally).

In 20-30 years who knows?

I'd sell now for that kind of money or be prepared to sit on these for a good few years (as I am doing with the Sapphire Coronation SotD etc). You pays yer money and takes yer choice!

But Pistrucci SotD if I miss that I can buy a proof version / piedfort I will still get that pattern at least , Also the mintage is 1817 

but these Vic 200th only 650 minted and no other options on the market 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

But Pistrucci SotD if I miss that I can buy a proof version / piedfort I will still get that pattern at least , Also the mintage is 1817

The Pistrucci SotD plain edge is unique - it's a variety of an absolutely key year issue and just as important (arguably very much more so) than this one.

There are one or two other, better medium-term holds than this one imho, for £1200 I wouldn't think twice about selling if I had one, OK it may go for more in the future but that's a lovely profit for now, no?

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

The Pistrucci SotD plain edge is unique - it's a variety of an absolutely key year issue and just as important (arguably very much more so) than this one.

There are one or two other, better medium-term holds than this one imho, for £1200 I wouldn't think twice about selling if I had one, OK it may go for more in the future but that's a lovely profit for now, no?

I would probably sell mine for £1,200 now if I received it, but I'm not that eager to sell that I'm going to put up a sale listing for pre-order already...  fingers crossed I'll still be okay with that amount later. Thankfully because the numbers available are limited, so are the coin flippers. Nothing more annoying than flippers flooding EBay with the same thing... puts me right off from listing my thing too.

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

The problem is 700 pounds profit but can’t find easily one in the future with this pattern , I would pay 700 pounds for a unique pattern not the edge coz me personally would enjoy the pattern more than the edge if I need to pick from these two and there is only 650 chances to get this pattern with Matt finish 

Just now, goldmember44 said:

I would probably sell mine for £1,200 now if I received it, but I'm not that eager to sell that I'm going to put up a sale listing for pre-order already...  fingers crossed I'll still be okay with that amount later. Thankfully because the numbers available are limited, so are the coin flippers. Nothing more annoying than flippers flooding EBay with the same thing... puts me right off from listing my thing too.

The most you will get is 650 flippers 😂 at the same time until aliexpress joins the party 😜

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

The problem is 700 pounds profit but can’t find easily one in the future with this pattern , I would pay 700 pounds for a unique pattern not the edge coz me personally would enjoy the pattern more than the edge if I need to pick from these two and there is only 650 chances to get this pattern with Matt finish 

The Pistucci is not just plain edge it's a different strike from the proofs, and as a variety completes many sets from that key year. There is no chance this one will be worth much more than £700 profit (if that is really what you think you can get) anytime soon imvho. I would cash in, no question.

Assuming RM fulfil my order I'd be fine flipping it but only if I had a better place for the money to go, which I don't atm

I would guess the price will settle at around £850 short term then go up from there

This is the sort of coin I think it's worth hanging on to for decade or two if you can

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

14 hours ago, Oldun said:

Yup. My order hasn’t been cancelled as of typing, so I am hopeful.

I got a fright yesterday, when all of a sudden my bank account received the £500 I paid on my debit card back! But... upon closer inspection, they do say that they release authorisations on both debit and credit cards after a week if it takes longer for the order... and then they just bill the card on the day of despatch. I see my order is still sitting on their website under "closed", so I remain hopeful :)

Just talked to The Mint...I have been advised they will be sending me the coin, but not for another 7-10 workings days!...is this type of delay normal...I would have thought they would have been flying out of the door sooner than this.

Has anyone actually got one ‘in hand’ yet??

26 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Just talked to The Mint...I have been advised they will be sending me the coin, but not for another 7-10 workings days!...is this type of delay normal...I would have thought they would have been flying out of the door sooner than this.

Has anyone actually got one ‘in hand’ yet??

It will be their extensive quality check process they're famous for :ph34r:

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

10 minutes ago, Kman said:

It will be their extensive quality check process they're famous for :ph34r:

No 

she said they haven’t strike them yet until after bank holiday so dispatch will be mid to late June , expect delivery will be around third week of June . And that info is from account manager 

so how about the payment being taken and release because they put a pre authorised charge on your card , money will be taken again once the coin is ready for dispatch . And what will happen next is 

when the coin is ready for dispatch , the order will show as close , next day or so you will get a dispatch notice so don’t panic if it says closed , wait one more day for the notice and you should get the order the day after . 

6 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

No 

she said they haven’t strike them yet until after bank holiday so dispatch will be mid to late June , expect delivery will be around third week of June . And that info is from account manager 

I just contacted the mint about my ‘open’ order and asked was I successful- she told me ‘yes, and it will be despatched the first week in June.’ Happy days.

Just now, richatthecroft said:

I just contacted the mint about my ‘open’ order and asked was I successful- she told me ‘yes, and it will be despatched the first week in June. Happy days.

Even better first week June 😁 

Seems like they were strike on the week or two.  😂🤣

To be honest I think you all have got a bit over excited.  IMO when the dust has settle the ones who have not sold will not make any money from this coin,  because its not a special coin, i do not have a coin that celebrates 200 years since any other monarch not even Henry the VIII.  😂😂

some on here are pump pump, pump pump.  

Not most.      

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Weren’t they strike on the day sovereigns?

Oh well that’s what I have been told , maybe they need the box from somewhere ? I don’t know 

All I know is now the coin value keep on going up , people cares more about their order status , it’s like if you win the euromillion you probably will ask the Camelot to bring some cash with them when they visit your home “ next day “

Archived