• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2008 Lunar I - kilo mouse - silver

Tritoon01

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AlL said:

just out of curiosity... why dose the coin has 2 dates on it... 2008 on one side and 2007 on the other?

I know nothing about these Lunar coins but an educated guess is that 2008 was the 'Year of the Mouse' and the Obverse, 2007 is the year the coin was minted?  Nice big lump of Silver in any case.

I believe it is related with the start of the Lunar II series....which started in 2008 with the mouse.

...all kilo coins from the Lunar I series, up to the pig 2007.....have no date on the Queens' side....starting from 2008 up to 2010....the date 2007 is minted on the Queens' side...and the 'lunar-year' on the 'animals' side'......So mouse, ox and tiger have 2007 on Queens side and respectively 2008,2009 and 2010 on the front.

T👍

1 hour ago, DavePanda said:

The Ox Mouse and Tiger were all released in the same year, this was to enable the gold and silver series 1 to come to an end at the same time, since the Gold series had started first.

Series 2 could then all start together...

👍👍

Archived