• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The cheapest sovereigns.......

HighlandTiger

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:26, HighlandTiger said:

I'll be interested to hear of the delivery times on these, before I take the plunge :)

I'll let you know, but I've had to hold back on ordering one from The Buckingham Collection, as a good friend has just ordered a 4th Sovereign from H&B for me.

I should have funds available for another one in a week or so :)

21 hours ago, Fastnick said:

I'll let you know, but I've had to hold back on ordering one from The Buckingham Collection, as a good friend has just ordered a 4th Sovereign from H&B for me.

I should have funds available for another one in a week or so :)

Cheers for being the pioneer/trailblazer. 👍

Before I joined the forum proper, I remember checking other people/posts on the forum to see they'd received their orders OK from Hinge and Bracket before tentatively sticking in my first order there too. I've just gone back there now and retrospectively liked some picture posts from Coolsmp and Kieran95 in 'today I received' back in January.

So getting the appreciation in up front this time 😀

11 minutes ago, Goldflinger said:

Cheers for being the pioneer/trailblazer. 👍

Before I joined the forum proper, I remember checking other people/posts on the forum to see they'd received their orders OK from Hinge and Bracket before tentatively sticking in my first order there too.

Good strategy!

I'm pretty certain that The Buckingham Collection is owned by the same company/people behind H&B, but for my first order with them I'll definitely be playing it safe and order over the phone rather than their website, use a credit card (rather than my debit card) - all the usual precautions - though I'm very confident that they are a bona fide outfit.....

(I hope that saying that doesn't turn out to be a case of "Famous last words"! ;))

Ordered (sorry, resevered) 3 sovs at £224ea earlier this week.

No coins, but mail arriving already. 

At least give me the gold first!

Was planning on multiple orders. Tried to place it with business address, but it rejected it due to card holder address not matching. As cards are all at my home address, not sure if I can do it now.

That aside, give me the sovs before sending me the endless mail.

18 hours ago, TopHatsTales said:

Ordered (sorry, resevered) 3 sovs at £224ea earlier this week.

No coins, but mail arriving already. 

At least give me the gold first!

Was planning on multiple orders. Tried to place it with business address, but it rejected it due to card holder address not matching. As cards are all at my home address, not sure if I can do it now.

That aside, give me the sovs before sending me the endless mail.

I take it that's H&B you're talking about. I had almost a week without any spam and thought at last...then 2 arrived on the same day

Fire up the H&B spamatron

2017_05_11-Limity.gif

OK.....

I've just rung The Buckingham Collection and ordered my first (and, as it turns out, my only!) Sovereign from them.

Very similar format to H&B, the main difference being the price £228 inc. P&P, instead of £224 inc. P&P), BUT I was advised that The Buckingham Collection's policy for bullion is just one order per customer - apparently there is no limit on the number of sovereigns one can request order at the time of ordering, but I was advised that I would be unable to make future bullion purchases from them.

There then followed the usual hard sell to get me to "invest" in some of their over-priced proof sovereigns, and I advised my new "account manager" that whilst I would be happy for him to post me details of any of their too-good-to-miss offers for the 2019 Proof Sovereign (I do so always enjoy a good piece of quality comic writing, if only for the sheer "entertainment value"!), I would be unable to guarantee his continued well-being and good health if he or anyone from The Buckingham Collection dared to ring or email me - we shall see ;)

Delivery at around 7-10 days seems to take quite a bit longer than H&B, but at £228 for a bullion grade 2019 Sovereign I am more than happy.

Took the cautious approach again, paying by credit card and ordering by phone (rather than doing so online) and recording my conversation with them.

8 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

I've ordered 2, seems there has only been about 500 orders according to my order number!

I paid via credit card through PayPal.

Has anyone received anything yet?

snap, apart from the fact there are over 550 orders now :) Be interesting if they fulfill all the orders. 

25 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Has anyone received there coins yet?

My Buckingham collection order is still in "processing" since the 1st June. Sent them an email today to get an update. The buggers have my money, so I want my coins.

17 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

My Buckingham collection order is still in "processing" since the 1st June. Sent them an email today to get an update. The buggers have my money, so I want my coins.

Indeed, I'm still awaiting mine, though to be fair they did tell me when I rang to order mine that it could take 10-14 days to fulfil my order, so no worries - my cheap Sovereign will arrive in due course :)

13 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Indeed, I'm still awaiting mine, though to be fair they did tell me when I rang to order mine that it could take 10-14 days to fulfil my order, so no worries - my cheap Sovereign will arrive in due course :)

Yeah, I'm not worried YET. ;)

I received a text and a phone call to discuss why I purchased, delivery times, why I bought 2 sovereigns and if I was interested in proof coins.

All polite enough but I explained I wasn't interested in numismatics and it ended quite quickly. I said I wouldn't mind marketing leaflets in case something was of interest.

21 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

I received a text and a phone call to discuss why I purchased, delivery times, why I bought 2 sovereigns and if I was interested in proof coins.

All polite enough but I explained I wasn't interested in numismatics and it ended quite quickly. I said I wouldn't mind marketing leaflets in case something was of interest.

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

Got my call today, very polite.  I told them i just buy bullion sovereigns.  I was told 10-14 days for delivery.  

I would imagine these poor overworked account managers won't be wasting too much time on lost causes at the moment.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived