• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£7k investment for mid to long term?

DanShanks

If you had several thousand to invest rush now where would you invest?

im thinking about 500oz of silver if can get the best deal

what would you buy and from where?

maybe maples or kangaroo or maybe another option

If you have not bought your first home yet and are under the age cap (cannot remember off the top of my head) a Lifetime ISA is the perfect place to put money. £4000 in and the government gives you £1000. You can only use it for your first home or for pension though, so it is locked up for longer potentially. Much better return than PM's

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

My first choice would be the best slabbed and graded Shieldback Sovs circa 1840's I could get.

My second choice would be a slabbed and graded Gothic Crown or Florin.

I would be looking at keeping for at least 10 years.

Like @h103efa I see PM's as protection rather than investing.

I would personally invest my money in Gold atm.

I know I know, some are screaming, but look back over 50 years.

Every 10 years, and YES I will most likely do a video, on this.... but every 10 years you have made money, despite the ups and downs.

So for a physical and long term investment I would buy more gold. But if this is ALL I had and had to consider other things. I would of course buy 1ozt of gold, put 2K in a ISA, 1K in a Savings account and the last 1K in a online account ( ie Baird and Co ) to buy and sell PM's  or in Cryptos.   This is based on a 5k sum.

Build up emergency fund 3-6 month worth of living cost, then buy up to 500 1oz silver coins then shift for gold. Remember you are saving in PM, not investing. For investing go to crypto stocks or other reits depend on your risk tolerance. PM are in place to save you when SHTF situation happened or you retirement fund ( inflation hedge).

See also this answer

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/21754-if-you-were-to-start-stacking-again-from-scratch-what-would-be-your-first-purchase/?tab=comments#comment-259435

With 7000 Pounds on precious metals I would buy one Australian Kangaroo Monster box, one 1oz bullion coin of gold - as close to spot as possible and I think the rest would be 9 bullion Sovereigns.

However it all depends, what you want to save/invest in the future.

If you want to buy precious metalls regularily and store it at home, I would spend a good chunk of this money for a safe, first of all. Also, personally, from my total saving/investmens I would also spend a bit on crypto currencies. However, they are very speculative, so gold and silver come first. You need to have something that's safe before you can speculate. With 7000 I would not use more than 250 Pounds for speculating. And, as said already by other users, having some cash for a few months should have the biggest priority.

A rush investment for mid to long term...not much advice to be given since you already have something in mind to begin with...buy from silver forum for best deal worth of 500 oz silver or a monster box from dealers.

Everyone needs a wealth-accumulation strategy. When you have this in place then you know what you want to do with money, and it just becomes as question of acquiring as much of it as you can and encompasses any lump sums that you can get hold of.

Over time my own wealth accumulation strategy has taken a 3-pronged approach: 

1/3 Permanent Portfolio

1/3 High Yield income portfolio

1/3 global macro portfolio

These should be combined with the most tax efficient wrappers. Tax efficiency plays a HUGE role in wealth building, much more so than rate of return. If I can impress just one takeaway then it should be that point.

PMs play a role in 2 of these strategies, and my diversified approach lets me sleep very easily.

On 21/05/2019 at 11:04, jonrms said:

I would personally invest my money in Gold atm.

I know I know, some are screaming, but look back over 50 years.

Every 10 years, and YES I will most likely do a video, on this.... but every 10 years you have made money, despite the ups and downs.

So for a physical and long term investment I would buy more gold. But if this is ALL I had and had to consider other things. I would of course buy 1ozt of gold, put 2K in a ISA, 1K in a Savings account and the last 1K in a online account ( ie Baird and Co ) to buy and sell PM's  or in Cryptos.   This is based on a 5k sum.

Surely that would apply to silver too

13 minutes ago, DanShanks said:

Surely that would apply to silver too

It does but if you look back in 10 year intervals your money for silver vrs gold is significantly different.  

Gold outperformed for over 50 years Silver with returns. 

Archived