• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling on forum

I was wondering how selling and/or buying works on the forum? Are they private sale between 2 parties or does the forum get involved? Does the forum get a percentage of the sale? I just wanted to know hows it works, all the ins and outs of it? thanks, Jim

It's usually just between two parties, the forum doesn't take a cut. You exchange details and the buyer makes the payment before it's dispatched by the seller normally. This relies on trust which is why it's worth taking a look at the sellers feedback first before deciding to buy. I believe @BackyardBullion offers an intermediary service for a fee usually for higher priced items that need verifying first.

• Founder & Administrator

Thank you for your question @blindguy .

It is completely FREE for private individuals to list items for sale on the forum and the forum does not take a percent of the sale. You can if you wish purchase premium membership to help support the forum, one of the benefits of premium membership is seeing trade listings 3 days earlier than standard members, more info here: https://thesilverforum.com/premium-member-package/

Those operating as a business require a licence to list items for sale, more info here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/7121-business-sellers-dealers-please-read/

If you refer to the UK & Europe trade section, the pinned topics are useful to read, they apply to all trade section locations and not just UK & Europe. They include the Quickstart guide

Members trade on the forum at their own risk and the forum does not mediate any trades or disputes that may arise to trading with other members. There is however the intermediary service provided by backyard bullion as mentioned above. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 hours ago, blindguy said:

I was wondering how selling and/or buying works on the forum? Are they private sale between 2 parties or does the forum get involved? Does the forum get a percentage of the sale? I just wanted to know hows it works, all the ins and outs of it? thanks, Jim

I've had good experiences with buying and selling on the forum, and it would certainly be nice to get the USA trade section more active, so I would encourage you to give it a try!

10 hours ago, blindguy said:

I was planing on upgrading my membership as soon as I got more comfortable on the forum site. I am not a business just a collector.

This is exactly what I did. I joined in March and paid first subscription in April. The forum is different once you have a subscription as more of the threads are open to subscribers - importantly the buying and selling threads. I have made a few deals on here and it is so friendly and there are bargains galore!

Could not recommend it enough.

Archived