• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Hopefully it'll get all the fascists off Twitter too

Btw, it was the "far right" US president Trump that gave Twitter a boost, simply by using it. It was dying already and even this "fascist" can't save it. Just as Facebook, it is on self destruction mode. Censorship doesn't work in the long run. It never did and it never will.

Edited by silenceissilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Censorship appears to signal that the argument is lost and there is nothing left but to shut down the discussion. It seems to be admitting dishonesty as the truth does not need censorship to survive, it thrives under scrutiny. A lie does not. The people calling for censorship then perhaps have something to hide from scrutiny, be it their fragile and inaccurate world view, perhaps the lie of an ego or persona that has been built up over time. It is admitting that something about your ideas or self is false and weak. It is not a good thing.

I am enjoying the various platforms that have sprung up in response to the constant degradation of free speech on the established platforms. Dissenter is worth a look and very entertaining as it allows you to comment on any webpage through the extension. This means articles that have 'comments closed' or such, can now be commented on through the app, the comments are linked to the webpage, literally every page on the internet can now be a forum. There is no moderation. I have been visiting the BBC website for the first time in years just to read the dissenter comments on some the lunatic leftist articles the BBC produces, it is most amusing and refreshing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KDave said:

I am enjoying the various platforms that have sprung up in response to the constant degradation of free speech on the established platforms.

I can't say that much about it as I'm just reading about it and at the beginning but it's both a platform and potential investment -  EOS, based on the blockchain, apparently the better working Ethereum. Or maybe I should say a  platform based on EOS is supposed to come out soon(ish). And of  course it being based on the blockchain means you cannot censor it.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/eos/

 

Edited by silenceissilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KDave said:

Censorship appears to signal that the argument is lost and there is nothing left but to shut down the discussion. It seems to be admitting dishonesty as the truth does not need censorship to survive, it thrives under scrutiny. A lie does not. The people calling for censorship then perhaps have something to hide from scrutiny, be it their fragile and inaccurate world view, perhaps the lie of an ego or persona that has been built up over time. It is admitting that something about your ideas or self is false and weak. It is not a good thing.

I am enjoying the various platforms that have sprung up in response to the constant degradation of free speech on the established platforms. Dissenter is worth a look and very entertaining as it allows you to comment on any webpage through the extension. This means articles that have 'comments closed' or such, can now be commented on through the app, the comments are linked to the webpage, literally every page on the internet can now be a forum. There is no moderation. I have been visiting the BBC website for the first time in years just to read the dissenter comments on some the lunatic leftist articles the BBC produces, it is most amusing and refreshing. 

One thing I'd say about this is that in the beginning, the Youtube and Twitters of the world were themselves the revolutionary new means of communication that was going to set everyone free.  Thing is, once they tap into all the money from advertising and get taken over by people who are only in it for the money, they all change their tune.  These platforms stopped being for free speech about the same time as they became the new establishment.  Guaranteed whatever replaces them will follow the same path.  I remember when places like Youtube boasted that they were the free speech alternatives to mass media ... now they're out there banning and censoring, demonetizing, etc, and trying to clean up their platform to keep it advertiser friendly.  They know where their money comes from and are perfectly willing to play the short game to keep it flowing.  Once the Telegrams's of the world figure the advertising game out, they will probably make the same decisions.

Edited by Lowlow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2019 at 08:04, sixgun said:

Leftists have no arguments only name calling. i have been called a Nazi on social media so many times - i wear all the names i get called as badges of honour. It is not even their opinions they put out - they have no opinions - they are repeaters; regurgitating Leftist propaganda which at its heart is anti everything decent. 

When you are a Leftist or one of their army of useful idiots everything looks far right. i am glad i hold onto sanity and i am far right.

I agree with this, it's amazing who is labeled "far right" now.  In the UK, for example, Sargon of Akkad is now "far right", but I've seen his Youtube videos all along and that guy is just a comedian and troll, and basically what in the U.S. would be called a Libertarian.  People have been labeling folks like Tim Pool and Dave Rubin "far right", and I mean wtf ... Dave Rubin literally worked for the Young Turks, and Tim Pool was an occupy Wall Street guy, these are not "far right" people.

Far right, if that term means anything, is somebody like Golden Dawn ... but these days anybody who isn't pretty far left is labeled "far right" by the left.

Calling people "far right" now carries about as much punch as calling people racists, misogynists, homophobes, fascist, etc .. which is to say not much punch at all.  The terms have been so misused as to be almost meaningless.

Edited by Lowlow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowlow said:

One thing I'd say about this is that in the beginning, the Youtube and Twitters of the world were themselves the revolutionary new means of communication that was going to set everyone free.  Thing is, once they tap into all the money from advertising and get taken over by people who are only in it for the money, they all change their tune.  These platforms stopped being for free speech about the same time as they became the new establishment.  Guaranteed whatever replaces them will follow the same path.  I remember when places like Youtube boasted that they were the free speech alternatives to mass media ... now they're out there banning and censoring, demonetizing, etc, and trying to clean up their platform to keep it advertiser friendly.  They know where their money comes from and are perfectly willing to play the short game to keep it flowing.  Once the Telegrams's of the world figure the advertising game out, they will probably make the same decisions.

2 hours ago, Lowlow said:

 

 I don't think there is a monetary filled automatism that every platform has to go down the route of censorship for a few reasons. This new EOS based platform is built on the blockchain and therefore censorship is basically impossible. The old social media giants could have been lying to get their platforms kicked off. If you have a look at how mad silicon valley is, that is likely.

There is this guru Kurzweil for example who thinks WiFi will connect every corner of the universe and this will form a conscious and be God. This is Satanic of course as it implies the creation of God by humans. More precisely by the artificial creatures he thinks will be created by humans. He has links to Zuckerberg, would need to look it up for the lack of memory what exactly they are, I think Zuckerberg might have visited Kurzweil's lecture/"university". And of course transhumanism is widely spread there. In this context transgenderism is only logical. I'm drifting off so back to the point. It's clear there was no intention to create free speech platforms but rather to centralise the internet. Free speech was merely a hook.

Google and Facebook never were the underdogs but intelligence fronts to spy on everyone. Telegram on the other hand is run by a libertarian who was persecuted by his government which is the Russian one. (Equally it could be a Western one of course.) 

Edited by silenceissilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.