• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Careful who you tell what you got! £30k robbery

From Facebook Post:

**£10,000 CASH REWARD**

On Tuesday evening, 7th May 2019, three men wearing balaclavas and waving hammers about broke into my home and attacked me and my dog. They beat me over the head, body and legs using the hammers whist shouting at me to open my safe and give them the keys. They repeatedly kicked my dog too. I refused to give the keys up and told them they were not in the house. They continued to attack me with hammers whist I tried to wrestle one of them and get the hammer off him. The taller guy out of the three then choked me out unconscious. I came around to find myself tie wrapped up and I heard one of them shout I’ve found the keys. They took the entire contents of my safe. I have been collecting rare and valuable coins as well as antique jewellery with my daughter for years. They have taken thousands of pounds worth of items (ill list in the comments) They also stole my phone so I could not contact the police or anyone. Most of the gold and coins were my daughters and I am keen to find out who did it and try and get some of the items back for her. 

Someone out there must know something. Please share and help me trace my gold, I am devastated at what they have done.

All information given will be kept anonymous. Please if you know anything contact myself or humberside police - log number 665/7/5/2019

FFD71C21-D746-4FFF-B989-7085AB551266.jpeg

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I follow this guy on IG. I believe he was a window cleaner and started collecting/selling commemorative 50p's that he got on his round and built it all up from there. But then he agreed to go on the local news to tell everyone how he made all his money for his gold etc then branched out to the raffle game for top end bikes, cars etc and would always post pictures of him with all this stuff and his coins.

So yes got to be very careful 

3 minutes ago, AgD said:

I follow this guy on IG. I believe he was a window cleaner and started collecting/selling commemorative 50p's that he got on his round and built it all up from there. But then he agreed to go on the local news to tell everyone how he made all his money for his gold etc then branched out to the raffle game for top end bikes, cars etc and would always post pictures of him with all this stuff and his coins.

So yes got to be very careful 

Yep that’s the one. I think he’s too loud about this stuff.

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Only three family members know that I have gold. None of them have seen or are aware of the full stack. One of them has a few coins of their own and knows where to find mine should I meet a sudden end. I intend to keep it that way! I feel sorry for this bloke but on the other hand if he is a braggart then I guess he had it coming.

Dreadful that anyone such be burgled and beaten up. But as others have said, if you are slack with security, then you tend to make yourself a target.

For myself, only one family member knows about my meager holdings just in case I fall off my perch before my time.

i would never be able to get over something like this and if i ever found out who they were neither would they. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Yep that’s the one. I think he’s too loud about this stuff.

He's only a young chap as well 

Terrible. Wouldn’t wish this on anyone. And I’m not having a go at the guy but keeping a safe like that in direct view of your front window and anyone who ever enters the house isn’t too clever. People talk. And the people they talk to talk. Loose lips sink ships.

I really hope he gets his stuff back and they catch the c*nts who did this.

Only Mrs Noob knows where I store my stack. Only my father and brother (who both also buy) have any idea of my collection. I know about there stuff and so while I trust them with my life, should anything suspicious happen, there will be mutually assured losses. 

I walked in as my flat was being burgled, I was found unconscious outside the flat by the neighbours. One thing I remembered was smashing a pint glass in to one of the assailants face. The police were their usual dilatory selves investigating the case.

By my connections with some of the less reputable neighbours I got most of my stuff back and the name of the guy I’d hit with the glass. I’m not saying what the outcome was other than the police weren’t involved.

I've been guilty in the past of bringing it up in conversation and instantly regretting it. Only a couple of people outside the family know about my PMs and I trust them, but know that people can talk.

What's the likely-hood of someone finding out personal info of a stacker from watching youtube videos or even posts on here? If the videos/profile pic show the persons face I suspect its even more risky.

Something I don't understand victim had his home safe in the living room. Who on earth would put a home safe in such a visible location. I hope victim get his PMs back and with him being Windows Cleaner most likely all his savings. Never put all eggs in one basket.

3_Richard-Bird-2.jpg

Most likely half the planet knew about his stuff from fb,Then from posts and pictures etc etc it was easy to work out where he lived.

Gotta be super careful in this day and age,hope he gets his stuff back and they catch them.

8 hours ago, Abyss said:

Something I don't understand victim had his home safe in the living room. Who on earth would put a home safe in such a visible location. I hope victim get his PMs back and with him being Windows Cleaner most likely all his savings. Never put all eggs in one basket.

3_Richard-Bird-2.jpg

A very narcissistic thing to do.  Locate it where every visitor cannot miss it “Look at my big safe and all my shiny things”.  Crazy!  Horrible thing to happen to the guy but he really should have been more sensible.

I nearly bought a safe from a American shop over here (stack em high kinda place) I then looked it up on the internet and was put through to utube then watched the video. Glad I didn’t buy it I was horrified at the thought that a burglar could get into it quicker than I could  if I  had the keys. I’m looking for a safe but will not be placing it where it will arouse any curiosity. I am lucky enough to live quite close to the royal mint so I can use their facilities for storage. Safer than any bank. 

If nothing else this unfortunate person from Hull has provided us all with the stark realities of life. I am truly sorry for your circumstances. 

I won’t be buying any hookey coins. 

Really sad to hear.

Frankly though, if someone breaks into my house with ****ing hammers, they can have my stack. My and my family's well-being is worth more than my collection. Although I also go for the principle of keeping my stack small enough that if anyone breaks into my place they're better off nicking my laptop than anything else.

18 hours ago, PansPurse said:

if anyone breaks into my place they're better off nicking my laptop than anything else.

You’ve jogged my memory in more ways than one. I’ve just transferred my silver spreadsheet to a memory stick.

I’m very grateful for posts such as this one because this is how stackers and/or collectors live and learn. I feel sorry, of course, for the poor chap. The guy clearly made himself a target by advertising his collection. There’s nothing wrong about showcasing our collection as long as we do so anonymously. It’s important that we keep a catalogue and all documentation relating to our collection separate from the safe. You can see papers probably relating to the guy’s collection scattered just outside the safe. One Silver Forum member who commented was smart enough to transfer his catalogue to a memory stick which is a good idea in the event of theft. Posts such as this are always sad but it’s always best to be safe than sorry. The gold and/or silver content of our collection is worth more to a thief than their aesthetic appeal.

A safe in full view, in your front room by your window? Really?

Much better storage options available, one of many for example:

https://www.sharpspixley.com/safe-deposit-boxes

Normal security procedures as well as facial recognition, fingerprint scans etc. They would need your hands and face to get in. That reminds me, I better cancel the kindly offered "Opportunity of a lifetime business proposal" dinner with some chap called Hannibal Lecter later.

Archived