• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A friend found this in his garden

Curious1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curious1 said:

I know it’s hard to believe but yes. We are not experts and not even sure if it’s real or not. That’s why I’m here 😄

take it to your local pawn shop or jewellers, they will confirm

6 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

take it to your local pawn shop or jewellers, they will confirm

He's a bit paranoid about taking it anywhere 😛

5 minutes ago, CosmikDebris said:

Looks like a four leaf clover with a building, perhaps a refinery with a smoking chimney? Can't find a reference to it, damn good find though!!!

He's seeing a chimney too, I see a 'C' & a 'B', not sure about the first character though. 

4 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Now I ain't saying he a gold digger, but...

I lol'd way too hard at this 😂 He has a metal detector but that thing goes nuts in all of his garden because there's a lot of buried junk. One spot was special though, grass or weeds were not growing so he decided to investigate. He found some rocks and debris and the gold bar was in there. He's been digging all day after that, you should see the 'garden' 😂

3 minutes ago, Curious1 said:

He's a bit paranoid about taking it anywhere 😛

it was found in his garden so it is his gold, there are a number of test to do yourself, it is pretty small, if it weighs 500g then its a good sign, specific gravity test should confirm also, gold is one of the, if not the highest density material

5 minutes ago, Curious1 said:

It was found on the Belgian/Netherlands border 

Bud If you do take this to a local dealer try avoid drilling etc... Take it to a dealer who uses an XRF Analyser to test, Which is not a destructive way of testing as these are vintage & collectable I’m sure you’ll get more than spot even though it would be categorised as a bullion investment grade bar or a lot of folk will say :)     

Added 0 minutes later...
8 minutes ago, barney said:

the hallmark is real P.C. Boschmans

Well done chap for finding the maker, not even a thankyou 😔

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

Are you kidding me?! I never have this kind of luck 😛

Seriously though well done on the find 👍

As @StackSellRepeat said try to get it looked at by a dealer or pawn shop that uses an XRF reader....but they will offer to buy it from you for roughly spot! Because if genuine that bar would sell for quite a nice price....I can only imagine

16 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Are you kidding me?! I never have this kind of luck 😛

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous myself 😄They do indeed sell for a nice premium online! Hours ago he was still considering chopping it up because in Belgium you can't buy/sell gold over €3000 without doing some kind of registration 😅

3 minutes ago, Curious1 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous myself 😄They do indeed sell for a nice premium online! Hours ago he was still considering chopping it up because in Belgium you can't buy/sell gold over €3000 without doing some kind of registration 😅

Didn’t you say you where from Belgium/Netherlands border 😉

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

1 minute ago, Curious1 said:

Well you never know given the information you're relaying to your friend if genuine.....you get a cut 😛

Archived