• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SA Big Five series release schedule.

Wackattak924

Does anyone know the release schedule for this series? 

As I understand it will be one a month. But at the moment I can only find the elephant (which I have already) and have found a photo of the Lion but not one for sale.

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Good question! I would like to know the same... information on that seems hard to find. I got myself a few elephants, and certainly want to continue collecting the series. Beautiful.

I'm told next one is double the amount EMK had them. But around 50-60£

Put me off if that's the case. 

Silverstacking.co.uk 

1 minute ago, SilverStan said:

I'm told next one is double the amount EMK had them. But around 50-60£

Put me off if that's the case. 

It wouldn't make sense that coins of the same series would come at different prices, unless it's some dodgy middlemen dealers trying to make a quick buck. I hope that won't be the case. But the next installment doesn't seem to be out yet, there is no indication of it on the SA Mint website. 

2 hours ago, kneehow2018 said:

897768236_Screenshot_2019-05-10SouthAfricanMint-newBigFiveSeries.thumb.jpg.e8aca8fc4f54ee5ea895316feb29c3d8.jpg

That is a more realistic schedule. 

Someone must have messed up by saying a release every month rather than a release every 6 months lol. Easy mistake I suppose or maybe they outsourced the marketing to the reserve Bank of Australia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-48210733

Found it!!

The coins will be launched biannually with a new animal every six months. In August 2019, the coin will feature the king of the jungle, the lion.

Emk Have them on eBay. Must be a pre-sale, at a ridiculous price.

Screenshot_20190511-060043.thumb.jpg.8bfc88829a2f5e5e9733092cc040fc47.jpg

I hope the lion looks better irl than that image...if that is indeed the next coin in the series, it looks to me like a pretty strong anticlimax compared to the finely chiselled elephant image, which looks realistic. That lion image looks more cartoonish, not on the same artistic quality level.

Surely overpriced and opportunistic, I wouldn't pay that much for a pre-order on the lion, because we will be able to get it cheaper after release.

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

I hope the lion looks better irl than that image...if that is indeed the next coin in the series, it looks to me like a pretty strong anticlimax compared to the finely chiselled elephant image, which looks realistic. That lion image looks more cartoonish, not on the same artistic quality level.

Surely overpriced and opportunistic, I wouldn't pay that much for a pre-order on the lion, because we will be able to get it cheaper after release.

I think it will. I think a lot of the detail is lost in my screenshot 🤞.

Yeah I think it is a ploy to make you get your wallet out while waiting in anticipation. For what is already a extremely overpriced bullion I wouldn't pay £80. 

38 minutes ago, Wackattak924 said:

How did they get them if they are not out yet? 😕

Not sure on that one but it is a nice design 

1 hour ago, Wackattak924 said:

I agree. Really great detail. I just have to hope that 15000 of them haven't gone to Russian collectors lol 

I know what you mean and if I wasn't trying to minimize the sets I've got going I would go for these as I do like them 

1 minute ago, AgD said:

I know what you mean and if I wasn't trying to minimize the sets I've got going I would go for these as I do like them 

I think this set is quite manageable though, if you just concentrate on getting the silver BU :) I mean, it's just two coins per year it seems... I originally thought they'd bring out the whole set this year. That would have been tough...

30 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I think this set is quite manageable though, if you just concentrate on getting the silver BU :) I mean, it's just two coins per year it seems... I originally thought they'd bring out the whole set this year. That would have been tough...

That is very true got to go re arrange the stack again soon as well 

Archived