• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Low

Moocher

How much lower do you think silver will go,there is a guy selling 2019  Eagles for £13.30 or by the hundred for £13.00. I have noticed there is quite a few people reducing their collections ,or selling up.I am a little concerned as only been  stacking/collecting for 18 months but my gut tells me to sit tight my average price on my silver is about £14.75  per oz so I suppose I should not be too concerned.

21 minutes ago, Moocher said:

my gut tells me to sit tight my average price on my silver is about £14.75  per oz so I suppose I should not be too concerned.

Go with your gut feeling- nice low average you have there 😉

Personally, after several months of accumulating Gold- I’m now back to buying Silver.

I hasten to add that I’m not one of those who pays much attention to the premium I pay- I just buy what I like and judge that what I buy will attract growth in value over time.

Stacking as close to spot as possible is not the only way forward in terms of PM investing. 

30 minutes ago, Moocher said:

How much lower do you think silver will go,there is a guy selling 2019  Eagles for £13.30 or by the hundred for £13.00. I have noticed there is quite a few people reducing their collections ,or selling up.I am a little concerned as only been  stacking/collecting for 18 months but my gut tells me to sit tight my average price on my silver is about £14.75  per oz so I suppose I should not be too concerned.

He’s selling those for someone else who wants a quick sale I believe. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I'm waiting for what could turn out to be a multi year

low, this december (in gold, I assume it would be

similar for silver). for physical metals I'd rather not

try to sell now hoping to buy it at a lower price. the

spread makes it difficult. for physical metals a

longer term strategy is usually preferable. if you are

concerned I would work more on your exit strategy.

HH

14 minutes ago, Moocher said:

Stacking as close to spot as possible is not the only way forward in terms of PM investing. ????👅👀

You could go for collectable or older/vintage stuff.

5 hours ago, Moocher said:

At $14.25 or so we end up hitting equilibrium meaning at that point premiums rise to offset the falling price. So if and when the price falls below $14.25ish it really becomes irrelavant. Looking around the web it seems at $14.95 alot of places are reducing their premiums to draw in more sales. This is a good dip right now. If you add to your stack now it looks like you will reduce your CPOA (cost per ounce average). Buy low, sell high... Or buy low and put it away for a long time and forget about it...

16 hours ago, STONE said:

At $14.25 or so we end up hitting equilibrium meaning at that point premiums rise to offset the falling price. So if and when the price falls below $14.25ish it really becomes irrelavant. Looking around the web it seems at $14.95 alot of places are reducing their premiums to draw in more sales. This is a good dip right now. If you add to your stack now it looks like you will reduce your CPOA (cost per ounce average). Buy low, sell high... Or buy low and put it away for a long time and forget about it...

As someone who's just getting into the silver stacking, should I buy a considerable amount now, for long term wealth preservation? I've been looking into alternative investments and just recently stumbled into silver. I am only 24 and still live at home with 0 bills, so I have plenty of expendable income.

16 hours ago, BakedLiger said:

As someone who's just getting into the silver stacking, should I buy a considerable amount now, for long term wealth preservation? I've been looking into alternative investments and just recently stumbled into silver. I am only 24 and still live at home with 0 bills, so I have plenty of expendable income.

Yes, its cheap now and premiums are down, perfect time to buy. I have been doing this for a while and have made mistakes along the way, without going into all of that and all of the whys and whats I will just give you the meat and potatoes. It says NY on your profile so I will assume you are in the states. Lets just assume you have 50K to work with, if its less or more it still applys. A few things first, PM's go up and down. Violently sometimes, if you are getting into them you CANNOT worry about the price compared to the dollar. If you are preparred to purchase them, put it away in a safe place and forget about it, then read on. Second: In life things change, dont buy so much PM's that one day you may have to cash out at a loss. Leave yourself a financial out by always having a reserve of cash for when $hit happens, because it will. So at a cash flow positive of 50K, this is what I would do, and it is what I do. 2 monster boxes of silver american eagles: $17,300.00   https://sdbullion.com/2019-american-silver-eagle-monster-box-500-1-oz-coins

ASE's will get you a better return if and when you need to sell on a massive price rise. Usually $1-$3 per ounce over spot at liquidity. The buy sell spread is better if the price is still rising when you sell.

Premium bars like Johnson Mattey and Engalhard are selling for the same price as generic bars, capitalize on this. 10- 100oz. JM bars, $15,500.00

https://sdbullion.com/100-oz-johnson-matthey-silver-bar

Silver is the better buy right now but its still good to have some gold in there too. American gold eagles 8-1oz. coins $10,600.00  Random years are fine but make sure it says BU, brillant uncirculated. Which means its new, old stock. https://sdbullion.com/1-oz-gold-american-eagle-coin-random-dates#

That puts you at 44K and leaves you 6K cash for when $hit happens. Always leave yourself an out, depend on no one.

Dont mess around with generic rounds, fractional coins or silver bars smaller than 10oz. Specialty coins, colorized coins, proof coins, etc,etc, You will never get your money back or the price of PM's has to rise well past the point of already seen great profits to break even on those. Those are for the collectors. Keep it simple and stick to what will net you or your kids a better return someday. ASE's, GAE's, 10-100 oz. bars are the way to go. If there eventually is a massive price rise, dont sell it all. Sell only enough to match the dollar amount you originally put in and whats left is pure profit.

The more you buy now at a lower price will allow you to keep a low CPOA, cost per ouce average if the price does start to rise. Nobody knows whether it will go up or down tomorrow so go into this with ZERO EXPECTATIONS and you will fare well...

If I was wrong and you are not in the states, the logic and advice is still the same. You would just swap out ASE's and AGE's for what is better in your country...

Get a strong rare earth magnet, a good quality scale and one of those Sigma Analytic testers. Leran how to test your PM's for authenticity. ALWAYS,ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ONLY BUY FROM A WELL KNOWN REPUTABLE DEALER!!  Educate yourself on PM's, do alot of research, ask alot of questions. Heres a good investing guide: https://www.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/

20 hours ago, BakedLiger said:

I have a graduate who I have trained working in IT same situation living at home saving the majority of his salary asked me similar question how should I save. At this age life so many future expenses from getting married/buying first home (something graduate inclined to do in the future). Advised save money in an ISA wait for the next recession be here in the next couple of years provided still employed buy residential property. Buying Silver/Gold locked away purchasing power for next 5 to 10 years and need to be in a financial position not need access to those funds. By all means buy small amount of PMs but not advise stacking at this age unless have bad impulses with money (i.e. cannot hold onto money and spend it on useless things).

Someone living in the US because on average you can get closer to spot price in PMs more advisable stack and save in PMs when dealers have deals and via eBay bucks but still advise diversify in Gold and Silver.

The lower the better.

I think we'd see the low at the bottom of an equity market and debt collapse.  I don't know what that price would be, but it's hard to imagine we ever see 7-8$us/oz silver again.  I'd love to see that, but I'm not holding my breath.  I like anything under 15$us/oz, and LOVE anything under 12$us ... but the exact price isn't as important as the context that price is found in.  No matter what the price is at the bottom of a market, that's a good price to buy.  No matter what the price at a top, that's a good price to sell.

Archived