• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A L I E N

Bagenz

New from Perth mint, limited 1500 

Perfect for fans of the science fiction horror phenomenon Alien, this 2oz silver coin showcases two forms of the horrific monster, featuring:

• Antiqued Coloured 99.99% pure silver
  • 40th anniversary design
  • Official licensed product
  • Limited mintage – 1,500
  • Housed in a creative Alien egg-shaped packaging
  • Impressive collectable or gift for fans of the franchise
  • Numbered Certificate of Authenticity

http://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/alien-40th-anniversary-2019-2oz-silver-antiqued-coin.aspx

Unboxing video

0-Alien-40th-Anniversary-2019-2oz-Silver-Antiqued-Coin-Edge.jpg

4810-Alien-40th-Anniversary-2019-2oz-Silver-Antiqued-Coin-Open-Case.jpg

Alien_AntiquedCoin_packaging.jpg

Don't normally go in for this sort of thing but that is pretty cool :)

Would one be hit with import duty if buying direct for UK delivery?

9 minutes ago, SovUK said:

Yes very cool and unfortunately yes UPS charged me for import etc prior to delivery but you can sign up foR an account and pay the tax upfront before it gets to the UK so it doesn’t hold things up. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

If you buy 2 its free postage, previous purchases from perth mint direct have had duty at a low level, hopefully its the same this time.

I have purchased some of these plus the 5oz Dragon, this is now sold out but the Alien coin is still available,

GL

$75.00 an ounce for something that ultimetly gets put up in a box for storage with the rest of the silver and ultimetly is only worth $15.00 an ounce. At $160.00 I could get a 10 ounce bar. These novelty items are just that, an overpriced novelty item with a marketing hype campaign used to convince folks its something special. Sure, its a nice coin but in the long run its just a dust collector...

If anyone is interested - I ordered a single 'coin' direct from the Perth Mint on the 9th and it was delivered to the UK on the 13th. FedEx charged £38.92 import charge comprising £26.92 tax and £12 as their 'direct payment processing fee'

Certainly wont be including this 2oz in my PM spreadsheet 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of the Alien franchise series of films.......

but this just look cheap and tacky, I'm afraid 

Frankly, I wouldn't even pick it up for a fiver in a car boot sale 

On 07/05/2019 at 03:05, SovUK said:

Same, would not buy it ... but feel better knowing it exists in the world :D

Archived