• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

5 kilo silver bars

vw1972

Hey, this is my latest purchase: A 5 kilo coinbar from coininvest in Germany. I know that smaller items ar easier to resell, but I just had to have a 5 kilo bar, and to feel how it feels in my hands. I dont think many private stackers will buy a 5 kg bar, so when I have to sell it some day its probably gonna go to a prof. dealer at spot-price.

What kind of other 5 kilo bars do you guys have, and do you have any experience with selling them, are they easy og hard to sell again?

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/coin-bars/5-kilo-fiji-coin-bar-silver-argor-heraeus/

Dont have any 5s, but i do have 1kg ones. Shied away from 5kg because if i need to sell something i would need to sell all 5kg. I just find 1kgs easier to manage.

Totally understand why someone would want to have one though, and grats on your purchase!

Post a photo when you get it :) I have 1kg umicore and metalor bars. The metalor is a nice size. 1kg is probably the heaviest I'll go, as you mention being able to resell this stuff gets harder the higher the price.

" as you mention being able to resell this stuff gets harder the higher the price."

If that was the case then how would these places buy back a tube (10 ozt.) of gold?  I have sold 100oz. silver bars, 5-10 at a time. No problem, zero issues. When you get into 1000ozt. bars, you start to limit yourself on the places that will buy it and its usually because they dont redily have customers that walk in and request 1000ozt. bars its not because of the price...

" What kind of other 5 kilo bars do you guys have, and do you have any experience with selling them, are they easy or hard to sell again?"

That depends on where you live and who you sell to. The best thing to do BEFORE you make a purchase is to call the places you will sell to and tell them you have a 5 kilo silver bar and ask them what their buy price is.

5 kilos of silver is still 5 kilos of silver! My very first post on the forum was an enquiry about 5kg bars. I personally love the Umicore 5kg bar. Didn’t buy any in the end the premium over spot on silver just kills it for me so its gold all the way but congratulations on your purchase!

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

Sale price £2,183.72. buy back price £1,793.55. loss £390.17 good work if you can get it.

If you want to sell below spot price.

Works out at £11.16oz, dont think it would be hard to achieve a higher price than that.

Would be like selling your gold to the local pawn shop or cash4gold store.

1 minute ago, mr-dead said:

If you want to sell below spot price

I'm tempted with the silver bars but still feel they are a bit more risky than gold. 

Chards said they sell them VAT free, not sure where the catch is though.

3 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

5 kilos of silver is still 5 kilos of silver! My very first post on the forum was an enquiry about 5kg bars. I personally love the Umicore 5kg bar. Didn’t buy any in the end the premium over spot on silver just kills it for me so its gold all the way but congratulations on your purchase!

If in doubt just melt it into shot...there seems to always be people who will buy shot for melting or just keeping...or contact BYB and sell it to him...lol.

9 hours ago, Xander said:

I'm tempted with the silver bars but still feel they are a bit more risky than gold. 

Chards said they sell them VAT free, not sure where the catch is though.

Chards do VAT free but you dont take delivery and they are held in a vault, if you chose to get them delivered at any point the VAT is then due.

image.thumb.png.a12d715b2995c419d8c48d102412bc5e.png

They also do a VAT margin scheme on secondary market silver where VAT is only on the dealers profit margin reducing overall price.

image.thumb.png.e14b32860f0ab17fe9ebc4fff0e7eaa3.png

9 hours ago, mr-dead said:

Chards do VAT free but you dont take delivery and they are held in a vault, if you chose to get them delivered at any point the VAT is then due.

Cheers mate, didn't notice that...blind as a bat getting.😉 

I knew about the margin scheme with second hand cars but not with silver, I will be looking into it, it certainly looks interesting.

3 hours ago, vw1972 said:

I just Got my 5kilo bar. Damn that feels Nice :)

54192697-5E15-4A3A-B712-622FFCABEEAB.jpeg

D20A0F40-C23A-416C-AEB7-75827826CB99.jpeg

Very nice, incidently what flavour is the fizz.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• 1 year later...

Archived