• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay Joker - Makes me so cross!

dicker

Forum Members

Just look at the state of this listing. The seller has multiple similar lots listed as “drawer finds”, “house clearance finds”

Clearly fake sovs, double sovs, US dollars etc  

Reported to eBay 12 hrs ago and they are still listed.   These coins are very easy to identify as counterfeit and just flow into the system.

Whilst the quality of these counterfeits terrible, there are very good copies out there.

Perhaps reporting to eBay is a thankless and pointless task but I do it, because of its impact and I dislike chancers.

Perhaps if you have a couple of free minutes you could also report as counterfeit   

Best

Dicker

HOUSE CLEARANCE  JOB LOT SOVEREIGN COINS ETC FREE POSTAGE https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333181976511

Not my circus, not my monkeys

One of the lots has The three 1852 Denver Mint Gold dollars as part of the bundle for sale. The guy is an outright fraudster. 

Agreed but they work their way through the system, and potentially provide some hope to those who do not k ow better. 

Since ebay don't care about imitations maybe the best way to get their attention is to set up an imitation ebay site.

That would get their attention.

When it goes to court then you could be interviewed on the news leading up to the case that it was a stunt to show ebay's double standards.

It's an idea for somebody that has a lot of time on their hands and nothing to lose financially.

3 hours ago, Sovereign said:

don’t like to see fake sovereigns 

but in his description said they gold coloured sovereigns 

it’s different story when you see someone selling fake sovereign as a genuine one.

I agree with @Sovereign. He uses those words plus "reproduction, restrikes...". I know what he's trying to do here. He will fool the young and dumb, but I doubt most will think this is real gold sovereigns.

All those gold looking coins and fake gothic crowns have been bought from China in bulk. So not from drawer finds and house clearance. What makes me annoyed is looking at the sold listings they are selling for good money £25 to £125 a lot, with the amount the seller has sold his making a living selling this junk.

This forum was talking about similar listings from eBay 5 years ago. And guess what, someone will be talking about it in 5 years time. My advice is not to worry about it. As long as you know what you are buying is genuine, (and don't forget using PayPal does give you an extra consumer protection if you do buy a fake), then what's the problem.

If some mug wants to buy fake tat, then let them, it's not your problem. You can't save the world from idiots. 

I have got e-bay to act when someone was using some of my copyright images in sale adverts. The girl using the images didn’t remove the hyperlinks to parts of my web site and so they appeared on my site traffic, otherwise I wouldn’t have known about it.

Archived