• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Don't get discouraged

blindguy

To all you silver stackers do not get discouraged about the price of silver. I started stacking silver at age ten in 1970. Everyone thought I was nuts but then in the late 70's and early 80's silver went to just under $50. Then in the early 90's when silver dropped I started stacking again. This time I started stacking gold also. Once again everyone I new thought I had lost my marbles, including my dad. Then the 2009-2011 silver and gold went way up. Now once again prices are low and I am buying both metals again. Just last week my sister in law told me buying gold and silver is stupid so here we go again, I don't believe silver will hit $100 but I would rather buy metals then stocks at this time. Like the old saying, stupid as a FOX.

From the context you can assume he did. And history like circles i think we will hit 250 at some point in upcoming recession for silver and IMHO silver should be 35 pounds per oz now. 

My pension fund was a third of what it is now in 2009...as gold and silver dropped my pension rose, one reason to buy pms, they offset your investments...it's silly to go 50/50 but when the market dumped to 6700 from 12000 gold went from $600 to $1800 .... I doubt anyone with a pension made money across the board but they sure lost less then someone invested in just the market.

Yes I sell at the high points and buy at the lows. I normally sell 2/3 of my stack and keep the other 1/3 just in case I am wrong. I also bought stocks at the lows and sell when they are high. bought stocks in 1998 to 2000 and sold in 2005 and bought stocks in 2009 and sold this last August. I also buy numismatics in the dips and sell some when they go up, just not my bust coins as I love those bust coins. Just remerber markets are all about timing buy at the dips and sell some not all at the highs.

8 minutes ago, blindguy said:

Yes I sell at the high points and buy at the lows. I normally sell 2/3 of my stack and keep the other 1/3 just in case I am wrong. I also bought stocks at the lows and sell when they are high. bought stocks in 1998 to 2000 and sold in 2005 and bought stocks in 2009 and sold this last August. I also buy numismatics in the dips and sell some when they go up, just not my bust coins as I love those bust coins. Just remerber markets are all about timing buy at the dips and sell some not all at the highs.

Love the busts too, finished short stack on capped now having to get the classic head cent and half c ent, started on a draped set, just got the half cent...and trying to learn to grade...can barely stack for all the collecting...lol.

For a time I tried to collect by the Overton numbers. Had to stop that when my vision went but it was a fun thing to collect. My wife is now putting together a set of proof 3 cent nickels in pr64 or higher and cameo if she can find them. We also buy the large and half cents but she is very picky on those that they have a great look

The moral of this tale is don't count on silver as a tool to save money as you won't know if you will be in a position to liquidate should you need it, assuming you didn't buy at a peak in which case you are looking at decades before you break even again. 

Cool story bro. 😉👍

Archived