• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi, I am new

blindguy

Hi from blindguy. First, I am legally blind. I lost 95 % of my vision to a stroke in my eyes 6 years ago so please excuse my typing. I am 60 years old and have been a coin collector and stacker for 53 years. I still buy silver and gold with the help from some amazing  machines that make life easier. I look forward to trying to get involved with to forum. thank you, from blindguy (Jim)

3 hours ago, blindguy said:

Hi from blindguy. First, I am legally blind. I lost 95 % of my vision to a stroke in my eyes 6 years ago so please excuse my typing. I am 60 years old and have been a coin collector and stacker for 53 years. I still buy silver and gold with the help from some amazing  machines that make life easier. I look forward to trying to get involved with to forum. thank you, from blindguy (Jim)

Welcome to the Silver Forum.

Instagram: gildeon_67

4 hours ago, blindguy said:

Hi Jim

I am also very new to this Forum and have only just got into this fascinating hobby, so haven't got your years of experience. Ive found the forum very welcoming and a great source of information which I'm sure you will only add to.

Take care pal

John

Hi, and a big welcome to The Silver Forum. If you intend to trade on the forum, you may like to consider the benefits of upgrading your membership, as this will allow you access to sales and trades as soon as they are posted, amongst other things.

Of course, there is no obligation, but I thought I would mention it.

Cheers Rob

Rob6

I am legally blind from a stroke in my eyes. I have 10 % vision left in one eye. Even that is not clear. When I look at the words you guys write I can see towo to three letters of each word at a time. My wife bought me a 60 inch computer monitor and a oversized key board with 1 inch letters. I no longer see colors also so just black and white and shades of gray. My wife is also a long time coin collector so she halps me. I also have a topaz machine that makes larger anything I put in it on a large screen. I use to take members of the coin club I help start in 2005 to coin shows such as fun show, central states, ANA an ect. but since I lost my vision no one even calls me. I got very bitter and quit all the clubs I use to belong to last fall. Then I saw the silver forum and thought I would try to get involved one more time. I still am having trouble with seeing parts of the site. The worst part of being blind is not being able to not see its the way other people treat you. I am still the same guy as before, love to stack and collect coins.  I had some t shirts made up last year with a saying on them  " YOU CLEARLY SEE WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR VISION"    Jim

Hello and welcome from another relative newcomer to the forum.  Your posts on various topics have already improved my own knowledge, so thank you for that already 😊

On 07/05/2019 at 20:34, blindguy said:

I am legally blind from a stroke in my eyes. I have 10 % vision left in one eye. Even that is not clear. When I look at the words you guys write I can see towo to three letters of each word at a time. My wife bought me a 60 inch computer monitor and a oversized key board with 1 inch letters. I no longer see colors also so just black and white and shades of gray. My wife is also a long time coin collector so she halps me. I also have a topaz machine that makes larger anything I put in it on a large screen. I use to take members of the coin club I help start in 2005 to coin shows such as fun show, central states, ANA an ect. but since I lost my vision no one even calls me. I got very bitter and quit all the clubs I use to belong to last fall. Then I saw the silver forum and thought I would try to get involved one more time. I still am having trouble with seeing parts of the site. The worst part of being blind is not being able to not see its the way other people treat you. I am still the same guy as before, love to stack and collect coins.  I had some t shirts made up last year with a saying on them  " YOU CLEARLY SEE WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR VISION"    Jim

Hello Jim glad you joining the forum, hope you enjoy yourself.

Cheers from South Wales.

Gary.🥇

Archived