• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sourcing Bar / Card Copper (metals) for Toner Transfer Etch?

Hey everyone, I'm an artist that has recently been getting into precious metals.

At the moment I'm in the process of buying these materials for this PCB Toner Transfer method which seems promising.

I'm hoping to source some input on potential suppliers for affordable metals (mostly copper) in the UK. There's a couple of form factors I'm hoping for, the main thing is that these are blank / plain with a lot of flat surface for the transfer. These are intended as art pieces and so purity / watermarking is not a big deal.

1. Trading Card Size (6.4x8.9cm is the standard)
  2. Bullian Bar
  3. Rectangular Tag

I have found a couple options, for example there's a lot of 10x15cm sheet on Ebay that's  a large card shape. Any suggestions and feedback would be great. :)

• 1 month later...

Art suppliers like https://www.greatart.co.uk/copper-etching-plates.html

Cheaper than jewelry suppliers even though they overcharge as well.

15cm x 15 cm x 1mm 99.9 cu. is £5.99

Cooksons 

15cm x 15cm x 0.9mm is £20.39 inc. VAT 

It might be worth looking at other artist suppliers like Jacksons, Cornellisons or model making suppliers like MaccModels or other metal suppliers like Blackburnsmetals.com

Archived