• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pricing help

Pablo

Hello guys and silver forum 

I am still new to the world of silver and I does have sometime trouble to know how much can be worth silver coins from limited editions. 

Now I been offered 4 coins. All limited edition and togeder they are 5oz 999

1 oz silver maple 2017 Golden noir series - passion red maple. Number 7 from 500

1 oz silver maple 2016 Maple seasons series - Winter. Number 76 from 100 

1 oz silver Panda 2010 with holographic finnish. One of 250

2 oz Queen beast unicorn 2018 antique flag. Number 16 from 50

I will attach photo of them. They do ask £250 for all of them. Even all of them are from small limited editions, it is seems quite a lot to me. Can you please guys help me? It is a fair price for them? Are they realy worth that much? Anybody  know how much they are realistically worth, please? Thank you in advance guys. 

Pablo 

received_590192651485093.jpeg

received_1246908412150737.jpeg

received_451202545615439.jpeg

received_413982512666947.jpeg

Yes yes I am much closer to this side of silver too, but I do know the colectors side can be great too. Wanted to just know your opinions on that guys. Still I realy do like it how they make the coins. Thank you for your opinion 

Colourised coins are something most of the members here avoid. i have some Lunar Dragons which are nice but otherwise i don't think i have any. Arshimo2012 was selling colourised coins recently - this is not the first batch he has sold. He might even have some left. i have  no idea how limited these are - If you got the colourised coins you are showing for £50 per ounce you will probably never get your money back. The Maples could well get milk spot on the obverse (Queen) side - then your investment is stuffed. So as an investment i would not touch them.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I would advise anyone new to silver stacking to focus on building up their foundation stack with bullion grade before considering the premium coins.  As others here have said, there is no guarantee that these coins will retain their premium. Coloured coins should really be treated as a nice novelty item, and if they do retain their premium then that should be treated as a bonus. 

I can only agree with what has been said above. Further I challenge the "limited" nature of these coins. These are coins that have been minted in the millions - they aren't rare. A secondary company or person is trying to claim them as limited because they have taken some time to colourise 500 or so of them - this could be replicated and faked over and over again because there are literally millions of the base maples or queens beasts out there.

I see nothing wrong with buying coins like this if the design really speaks to you and you want something to display. Otherwise I'd advise staying well away from them especially at that price.

Thank you so much guys. I realy was naive and I was thinking completly opposite way. But after thinking about that you are right. Thai was very helpfull and will save me a lot of the money. Thank you again. 

I think it is a mistake to compare such coins directly with pure bullion. Also the member didn't identify himself as a "stacker" if I am not wrong, he may just be a collector or something else. Nevertheless I consider the £50 overpriced for something that is not really special and proven to keep it's value. At this price there is a 95% chance you will get less when you try to sell them.

There are several coins of this type offered here or eBay, if you are patient you will find good products at reasonable prices.

Instagram: gildeon_67

Hello Gideon and thank you. You are realy more than right. I do like the stacking side of the silver but something in me always try to get something what is a different. And even I know is right to stack almost same coins like everybody else because there are reasons for it, I will always try to look to something different. And I do agree with you that price for them is realy to much, but I do keep thinking about the Unicorn from the Queen beast. It is just one of fifty and I never have a chance to see it smaller limited edition than that. If I will be able to get the price of that one for around £75 I will go for it just to know how will turn out. Thank you for you advice

There are other interesting colored QBs out with less than 50€ on average, unless you want this UK version in particular. 

And be aware of the danger of wanting to complete the whole series when you get a coin like that. I know I would! 😁

Instagram: gildeon_67

On 25/04/2019 at 02:13, Pablo said:

Hello Gideon and thank you. You are realy more than right. I do like the stacking side of the silver but something in me always try to get something what is a different. And even I know is right to stack almost same coins like everybody else because there are reasons for it, I will always try to look to something different. And I do agree with you that price for them is realy to much, but I do keep thinking about the Unicorn from the Queen beast. It is just one of fifty and I never have a chance to see it smaller limited edition than that. If I will be able to get the price of that one for around £75 I will go for it just to know how will turn out. Thank you for you advice

I personally would avoid these types of coins, to me it’s just Bullion that someone has coloured in and printed a made up COA with a low number and tripled the price.  The queens beast looks like some tourist tat if i’m being truthful. 

Your tastes will change over time as a stacker/collector, when they do you may want to move on some coins.  These might be harder to sell unless targeted to a newcomer.  

You could buy 10 silver eagles for £14 each in the sales section of the forum. 

54 minutes ago, RichmondStacker said:

I personally would avoid these types of coins, to me it’s just Bullion that someone has coloured in and printed a made up COA with a low number and tripled the price.  The queens beast looks like some tourist tat if i’m being truthful. 

Your tastes will change over time as a stacker/collector, when they do you may want to move on some coins.  These might be harder to sell unless targeted to a newcomer.  

You could buy 10 silver eagles for £14 each in the sales section of the forum. 

indeed!

Hello guys

Sorry for the late reply, I had my girl here for some days that I was busy. 

I do agree with you and I did not get them and I am looking to just silver and just recently I get 10 oz 2017 Canadian maple leaf for £148 and that this a fair price by my opinion 

Archived