• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

dicker

Climate Change - Fact, fiction or somewhere inbetween

Hi All

Firstly I am not attempting to start a fight, I know climate change is a controversial topic.  But I have a question that I honestly don’t know the answer to.

I have seen first hand how plastic now infests beaches where there was none 25 years ago - this is very obvious. 

What I have yet to really get my head round is if climate change is real.  I don’t have tons of time to research it but would be interested what forum members think. 

Best

Dicker

climate change is real but not the way it is reported.

the earth have cycles of hot and cold just as it has

cycles of night and day.

the creation of unnatural products such as plastics

is separate to climate change. it's a completely

different debate that gets lumped in.

everything has it's place in moderation.

HH

The climate changes throughout history but in the last 40 years or so it has become the fanatical belief of many that mankind are the cause. This idea is a useful tool for social control and as a means to raise money for government via tax. It is also delusion and arrogance to think we are the cause. 

Humanity are polluting the oceans with plastics. Mankind are increasing the concentration of various gasses in the atmosphere, specifically Co2 and Methane among others.

Mankind are not contributing to the warming of the planet. If we set off quite a few nuclear weapons at once it would be possible to generate enough particulate cover to create winter like conditions for quite a few years maybe. We don't have the same power to warm the planet, not until we can control the Sun. 

Co2 is the bogey man they use to tax us, because it is easy to measure and can be demonstrated in a lab that Co2 is a 'greenhouse' gas. But is doesn't add up.

Graph.jpg.cc719a3fe44b415ba78cf6f7f89dc705.jpg

Co2 is not linked to the warming of the planet. It is linked to increased yield from crops and faster growing trees.

Climate change is real, it always has been with or without us. People have to pull up a graph from the last 50 years to find any temperature that supports global warming, and its in the tenth of a percent. Its a complete myth. I have seen more work to prove that the earth is cooling down due to reduced output from the Sun than anything else, with the solar minimum expected in 2030. People will be hungry. 

I will take it that you are taking about man made climate change - aka global warming.

There has been no global warming for 20 years. The media and authorities will say there is. The climate charts from the past have been doctored, there are lies upon lie upon lie in this.

Back in 1968 David Rockefeller began the Club of Rome. It is full of the elite. They decided human population was running away and the Earth resources would be exhausted. The solution would be to downsize the population - we hear 500 million as the number to aim for.

So the aims are to get the population size down and get consumption of those of us alive down. The Western nations need to be impoverished. If you are poor you use less resources.

Many industries have been shifted out to the Third World - the UK for example is no longer a manufacturing country after being the workshop of the world.

In 1991 the Club of Rome came out with this in its publication The First Global Revolution:

The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.

We are the enemy according to them. They want to change our attitudes and make us think we are the enemy. Read this carefully - you can see they are thinking of ways to get us thinking what we are doing is bad - so they invented the idea of global warming. There was warming up to about 1998. Then it stopped. The Global Warming alarmists have called this 'the Pause'. In reality the warming part of the Solar cycles had come to an end and we are heading into a cooling phase. We are now entering a Grand Solar Minimum. There are already reports of record cold and crop losses - but they will not appear on the BBC. If they did they would be called 'Climate Change' - we don't hear global warming so much now - it is harder to push this when there is no global warming. So we hear Climate Change. Anything hot and cold can be called climate change - and the propaganda is this is caused by man made carbon dioxide.

As solar activity decreases the atmospheric currents travelling round the world become more unstable. This results in cold air from the Arctic moving down over the country and then a few days later the current switches and there is much warmer weather. This is explained by Climate Change and is due to man made carbon dioxide.

It is all a massive lie. The Extinction Rebellion - is a political disruption group - most have no idea what they are doing and are simply brainwashed middle class lovies.

Carbon dioxide levels have raised slightly - they have made negligible effect other than this has caused the Earth to become greener - carbon dioxide is an essential gas of life - no carbon dioxide = no food. .

This is one of the army of feeble minded Global Warming - Climate Change muppets. He is Bristol University but the true facts he knows could be written on a pin head.

Now we are seeing stuff about us not eating meat - the cows farts are causing the planet to heat up. The level of idiocy is beyond belief. It is not science it is a cult. There is no science behind other than fake science. There is no news other than fake news. On many platforms the posts i make here would be defined as fake news and would be removed. Those running this do not want discussion or critical thought - their computer models on global warming have all been wrong - every single one of them. They say the science is settle and yet none of their computer models work.

Now we are hearing the world will come to an end in 12 years if we do not become carbon neutral. That means our standard of life will be the pre-industrial standard. You will have to live in a shoe box - in a city - no private property (your house will be taken from you) - travel public transport only - you put your Smart Meter in so the powers that should not be will be able to monitor your energy consumption and cut you off if you used too much - more and more 5G will be rolled out - 5G is used in the military as a weapon. It is untested for wide spread civilian use, except it is intended to kill people off. There is a nightmare intended for us and almost everyone is sleepwalking into it.

Edited by sixgun

My view is there is a weak correlation and AGW should be considered, lightly. The data has been grossly distorted, on both sides, so its virtually impossible to know anymore what is authentic information.  The poster child, the hockey stick graph does not match CO2 rises, so this makes me sceptical, along with decades of predictions that have not been proven.  On the other hand we're already reducing CO2 by being more energy efficient, and if we make less pollution and have cleaner air as a result, that in itself is something to sign up to. 

There is a lack of scientific rigour to the information and theory though, in other fields it would have been thrown out or restated at least, not renamed and double-down.  A great number of scientists have discovered a source for funding if they are on message (or find its not available if off message), often non-climatologist will stress the importance of reducing CO2, and i wonder how they would feel if climatologists weighed in on their field. 

Edited by Martlet

53 minutes ago, Martlet said:

My view is there is a weak correlation and AGW should be considered, lightly. The data has been grossly distorted, on both sides, so its virtually impossible to know anymore what is authentic information.  The poster child, the hockey stick graph does not match CO2 rises, so this makes me sceptical, along with decades of predictions that have not been proven.  On the other hand we're already reducing CO2 by being more energy efficient, and if we make less pollution and have cleaner air as a result, that in itself is something to sign up to. 

There is a lack of scientific rigour to the information and theory though, in other fields it would have been thrown out or restated at least, not renamed and double-down.  A great number of scientists have discovered a source for funding if they are on message (or find its not available if off message), often non-climatologist will stress the importance of reducing CO2, and i wonder how they would feel if climatologists weighed in on their field. 

The data from the authorities is wrong. You recognise that. This is the key issue. They are lying to us. Deliberate barefaced lies.

They keep on and on with it and it is all wrong. That is the key point - they said the poles would be ice free - they say the ice is decreasing - it is not it is increasing. There were stories the seas would rise and the coastal cities would be underwater. There are now crazy claims the sea beds are sinking to explain why there are no rising sea levels. Their projections are not just a bit wrong they are completely wrong. We saw record cold in North America this winter - how come this happened if there is global warming? We see record cold weather in Australia in April. How come if there is global warming? What we are told by the official channels are lies or lies repeated by talking heads.

You touch on an important point - if you want to get a grant you need to confirm the man made climate change narrative. If you want to keep your position or get promoted you need to be seen to be reciting the climate change narrative. The guy in the video - the Head of Sustainability - his little empire relies on the climate change narrative. Anyone calling it out will be ostrocised and removed. The media  pushes out this narrative - the so called educational establishments push out the narrative - Listen how the muppet in the video says - he wants to influence decision makers locally, nationally and internationally. They want to brainwash the young and lock them into the climate change narrative. There will be a whole raft of younger people who will never believe this is a scam - if the Grand Solar Minimum really bites hard - they will be crying about global warming when they are starving to death due to cold - drought - wet induced crop failures. i say they will deserve it, i have no time for these idiots.

From Piers Corbyn's website - a real climate scientist who is not afraid to speak out.

http://www.weatheraction.com/resource/data/wact1/docs/ScientistsAgainstExtinctionFAKErebellion1.pdf

Edited by sixgun

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Piers Corbyn's website - a real climate scientist

Piers Corbyn- who has no qualifications in climate science- threw a hissy fit when a journo wrote an article that was critical of his work and he forbade further publication of his work without his approval. That is not the action of a "real scientist".

I wouldn't trust him with anything related to climate change any more than I'd trust his brother with a country's economy.

Good to see a lot of people here think about the global warming exactly the same way as I do.

I also think that the climate of our planet has always been changing in it's 5 billion years existence, it went through a lot of different stages and it recovered itself again, lots of diffident creatures lived on this planet that they don't exist anymore such as dinosaurs,  us humans weren't here to interfere in dianosours lives and make them become extinct.

plastic is a totally different issue but I think the media and governments are taking advantage of the situation to get more tax from factories and get people to donate more money to charities who support endangered animals or global warming, I don't trust any of the charities either, call me pessimistic.

Basically I think it's all rubbish and I don't believe a single thing I see on media.

I fully agree with all the posts above. Except FM.

it seems you can emit as much carbon as you like - as long as you pay your taxes for the pleasure.

What's gets me is the level of brain washing going on , especially in the young. they are being programmed to repeat , not to question.

Repeat a lie often enough...!

Fluoridated water , haarp , chemtrails , 5g , these are the things I worry about .

Certainly  not the hoax of global ahem warming !

Edited by Derv
Don't agree with poster

2 minutes ago, FrozenMojito said:

Piers Corbyn- who has no qualifications in climate science- threw a hissy fit when a journo wrote an article that was critical of his work and he forbade further publication of his work without his approval. That is not the action of a "real scientist".

I wouldn't trust him with anything related to climate change any more than I'd trust his brother with a country's economy.

He has successfully been predicting the weather for years and formed WeatherAction in 1995 - 25 years ago. He has degrees in Physics and Astrophysics. So he is a scientist. As i have said before the weather is driven by the Sun - something an Astrophysicist should know something about.

It depends if the criticism of his work by a journalist was valid and fair - if it wasn't then i would forbid my work being published without my approval. This is the action of any reasonable person let allow a scientist.

What does his brother have to do with anything? His brother could be a mass rapist psychopath - does that discredit him? This is classical guilt by association - as in family association. You will be aware Jeremy Corbyn bangs on about Climate Change.

i deal and evaluate the content of what he says - i don't like Jeremy Corbyn either. Global Warming is a political agenda dreamed up by the Club of Rome - that is straight forward documented fact.

7 minutes ago, sixgun said:

It depends if the criticism of his work by a journalist was valid and fair - if it wasn't then i would forbid my work being published without my approval. This is the action of any reasonable person let allow a scientist.

The original article is behind the Times' paywall (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/little-can-be-achieved-by-simply-staring-at-the-sun-cg6tt5kqlqm). Part of it is reproduced here https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/2671-weather-eye/page/38/ ("Little can be achieved by simply staring at the sun"). It's not much more than standard journalistic guff about someone who got something wrong. the Met Office get worse flak on a daily basis. Corbyn trying to shut it down is the mark of a sore loser- the same reaction as when the British Chiropractic Association tried to sue a scientist who called them out for their daft beliefs. As the saying goes, the way to win an argument is with a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.

10 minutes ago, sixgun said:

He has successfully been predicting the weather for years and formed WeatherAction in 1995 - 25 years ago.

Weather forecasting is a big deal for shipping companies, agriculture etc. If his methods of forecasting were as successful as he claims, by now he would either be the most successful weather forecaster in the world (or would possibly have had a horse's head in his bed from the Met Office). In reality it seems his methods are no more accurate than my mum's wonky knee hurting when it is going to rain.

13 minutes ago, sixgun said:

He has degrees in Physics and Astrophysics. So he is a scientist.

A scientist maybe but not a climate scientist. Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics but I wouldn't necessarily trust him if he made some loopy prediction based on staring at the sun either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48017083

This is borderline child abuse. She has been brainwashed to become a talking head for the climate change lobby, utterly disgusting. 

Co2 is the metric that is used to judge a nations virtue in the cult of climate change, so lets compare. China produces enough CO2 for 100 UK's. Why is she being told to call out the UK and not China? Is this some kind of sick joke? 

The message seems to be that they wish to prevent further use of fossil fuels in the UK. Why? We should use more. We have hundreds of years of anthracite coal left in the ground and have enough shale reserves to become energy independent like the US, why should we not use our resources? Why should we impoverish ourselves while other nations, China, the US are using their natural resources to benefit them? Our government is in ever growing need of additional income and there has never been a more widely accepted tax increase than one for the goal of saving the planet. People seem content to be impoverished from every which way and don't even see it, instead they think they are virtuous and are helping their children. The opposite is true.  

@FrozenMojito i have not investigated the points you make - true or otherwise. i will concede all of them, primarily b/c they would take time to explore and they aren't important. From the bits i have heard Piers Corbyn say i have not caught him saying something wrong. This is a single personality point - you imply he is a bit dodgy - even if Piers Corbyn were a total charlatan it wouldn't matter. He is not the keystone of Climate Realism as i will call it. i have not heard him say anything original to me and it does not change the documented fact that man-made climate change is a hoax - it is part of the de-population agenda coming out of globalist think-tanks like the Club of Rome.

Not a single computer model of the Climate Alarmists has come true. $billions have been poured into this. The seas have not risen. If you plug 'arctic polar ice expanding' into duckduckgo.com - you will see Arctic and Antarctic ice caps are expanding - they were supposed to be ice free - they are expanding - it is too much for the thought controllers to hide but they will keep fudging and lie about something else. Ignore the facts listen to Greta Thunberg an autistic kid who is being used and mind controlled. Take notice of Extinction Rebellion blocking the road - the world is going to end in 12 years like we were going to be underwater several years ago, whilst Al Gore has his $8.9 million beachfront property in California. We are going to be in deep sh1t in 12 years time if the Grand Solar Minimum really bites.

The idea is to downsize the world population - to kill people off, to have them breeding less. None of the people of Europe are breeding at replacement rates. The sperm count of men in so called developed countries is falling off a cliff but you won't hear about that much if at all. Get the population count down - then get each person who survives outside the elite existing on as little as possible. This is sustainable development.

The thing which really brought home to me that climate change is fact and not fantasy is when I woke up one morning in London to find all the vehicles covered in what appeared to be a fine yellow dust. The neighbours were all baffled until they discovered it was Saharan sand. The sun at one stage turned an apocalyptic blood red. I could barely breathe the air. It was like being caught in the middle of sandstorm. It’s at that point that the idea of a butterfly flapping its wings in one part of the world can cause something like a hurricane in another part of the world made complete sense to me.

Edited by Serendipity

Sand from the Sahara also blows across the Atlantic. Has done forever. 

It is what provides the nutrients for the rainforests in South American to blossom. 

Nothing to do with global warming. 

3 hours ago, Serendipity said:

The thing which really brought home to me that climate change is fact and not fantasy is when I woke up one morning in London to find all the vehicles covered in what appeared to be a fine yellow dust. The neighbours were all baffled until they discovered it was Saharan sand. The sun at one stage turned an apocalyptic blood red. I could barely breathe the air. It was like being caught in the middle of sandstorm. It’s at that point that the idea of a butterfly flapping its wings in one part of the world can cause something like a hurricane in another part of the world made complete sense to me.

4 hours ago, Serendipity said:

If CO2 is the issue as we are told, why then not tackle the biggest butterfly on the planet that is producing the most? Instead it's the developed west that is chastised and told to stop being wealthy. For the greater good, we must impoverish ourselves and give up our strength, while others do the opposite?

We are being nudged by someone, for some purpose that is not in our interest. Most of the protestors in London are good people that are guilty of being too trusting of those in charge, it's a common fault, they have accepted the narrative without question and now they can't seem to resist the opportunity for selfish altruism. The myth perpetuates itself against all of the evidence, though raising the issue in the way they have will encourage many more people to question the narrative and work it out for themselves. Perhaps it will come right in time and the truth will out. 

Follow the money

We know Al Gore has his beachfront palace in California.

The Maldives are supposed to be underwater as the seas rise - but money is flowing in....... remember the elite know the truth - the Maldives are warm and safe during a period global cooling.

Agenda 2030 moving forward. Augur started a thread some months ago about the increased death rates in the UK. This has been tracked back to poverty.

The number of younger people is falling away so there is a need to cull the elderly. A depopulation strategy is needed. There is also a move to take property from people - so get them into debt and then the banks steal it away for a debt currency created out of thin air.

Here we see moves to reduce pensions and benefits for pensioners. The video starts at the point where this is discussed.

Flying from the US to the UK in order to take part in climate junkie parade Emma Thompson contributed one tonne of CO2 greenhouse gas into the atmosphere. One of the leaders of the protest drives a 4x4 Diesel Jeep. They reckon this is OK because they use wooden cutlery at home, seems to me that's where the hypocrisy begins with this crowd virtue signallers.