• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

BackyardBullion

New European Mint Group Orders - OPEN NOW!!!

For anyone concerns about Transferwise or Revolut, can say they are both easy to use and useful if ever wanting currency transfers for other purposes.  Transferwise is easier for me as its PC browser based, better UI, and you can fast payment from debit card for about £1 added fee - no waiting a day for bank transfers to the account.  

On subject of European Mint, some feedback if you can encourage them to expand their selection, particular the Rwandan series and Libertad are noticably missing. 

Awesome you've managed a happy medium here - really applaud you for making the effort to keep these going. One question...  will shipments at the end of the month be happening regardless of the weight threshold or if at the end of the month the threshold isn't met will it be vaulted until the end of the next month? Just want to confirm really that shipments will be happening at the end of each month for items in stock regardless of weight threshold.

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Awesome you've managed a happy medium here - really applaud you for making the effort to keep these going. One question...  will shipments at the end of the month be happening regardless of the weight threshold or if at the end of the month the threshold isn't met will it be vaulted until the end of the next month? Just want to confirm really that shipments will be happening at the end of each month for items in stock regardless of weight threshold.

Once per month there will be a shipment regardless of weight. 

Really appreciate the diligence show in finding an alternative way BYB 👍

1. if it is not too much trouble I think it would benefit all if there were cut off points as to when you could expect shipment i.e orders before X date will be shipped (providing everything ordered is in stock).

2. At what point will the 1.2% group shipping be applied?

3. Should I register with the European Mint beforehand?

I will check out transferwise, however may have to bug you all with more questions regarding how you pay the European Mint regarding this...

Edited by TheProspector

15 minutes ago, TheProspector said:

Really appreciate the diligence show in finding an alternative way BYB 👍

1. if it is not too much trouble I think it would benefit all if there were cut off points as to when you could expect shipment i.e orders before X date will be shipped (providing everything ordered is in stock).

2. At what point will the 1.2% group shipping be applied?

I will check out transferwise, however may have to bug you all with more questions regarding how you pay the European Mint regarding this...

Point number 1

Orders will need to be placed and funds received by EU Mint at least 5 days before the end of a calendar month.

Point number 2

Once you have placed an order with the EU mint please get in touch with me directly. I will then issue you an invoice with your 1.2% shipping charge and options for postage. 

For obvious reasons we cannot guarantee shipping of your items from EU mint to me unless you have actually paid your 1.2% fee. 

New to group order but have used this code TSFBYB50 recently on what you come up with if i am right is on 50 oz will cost me £22 shipping over £24 from the code above is there anymore of a saving say if i as a group we ordered say 200 brits 

1 minute ago, jacobkenn said:

New to group order but have used this code TSFBYB50 recently on what you come up with if i am right is on 50 oz will cost me £22 shipping over £24 from the code above is there anymore of a saving say if i as a group we ordered say 200 brits 

Hi Jacobkenn,

This code will be expiring very shortly, so beyond this weekend the group orders will basically serve as a discount code on shipping. 

4 hours ago, jacobkenn said:

Yeah already expired 

Bugger as was about to make an order using it for 10 euro postage which would be cheaper than £8.70 sd plus 1.2% plus 75p.

Never mind it worked, kind of.  It cut 10 eur off the order and dropped VAT to 2 eur but when I checked out it put the VAT back up to 4 eur.

Saves BYB extra work anyway.

Edited by Murph
added

Am I understanding the process right?

1. Add items I want to basket
  2. Give the group order coupon code
  3. Select vaulting
  4. Pay European Mint
  5. Send you the invoice
  6. Send you shipping costs and contribute to the curry fund
  7. EM sends the stuff at the end of the month.
  8. Receive shiny things

1 minute ago, knighthawk said:

Am I understanding the process right?

1. Add items I want to basket
  2. Give the group order coupon code
  3. Select vaulting
  4. Pay European Mint
  5. Send you the invoice
  6. Send you shipping costs and contribute to the curry fund
  7. EM sends the stuff at the end of the month.
  8. Receive shiny things

Yes indeed

A big thank you to @BackyardBullion for keeping this going. I thought I was late to the party on this one, but placed my first order with the European Mint just now. For anyone a bit doubtful about using TransferWise, it's very simple to use, although the usual precautions apply, making sure you put in the correct bank account numbers, etc. I'll pass on the details of my order to you @BackyardBullion as soon as I get the invoice. 

Edit: Actually, I can screen shot the order page and send it now. Simples :)

Edited by dunmac
Addition