• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

We are sorry....Group Orders are no more blame VAT registration!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

In their current form, yes. 

We are exploring the possibility of having people place orders and pay the EU mint directly, but then they send the goods to us to distribute out. This way you get the same heavy discount on shipping like normal.

The only issues would be you have to pay them yourself (for some people this is one of the reasons they used our group order service!) 

Also, I am unsure whether I would have to charge VAT on postage costs from me to you. We are awaiting clarification on this. 

This seems like a really good solution. 

Why would paying for the items yourself be an issue ? Is it not just as straight forward as making any online purchase ? 

29 minutes ago, nazarkovn said:

Code is no longer valid

You need to enter the country and shipping first for it to work, It's only a tenner off the 20 they charge for shipping though =(

I appreciate that we would all prefer 10% or more voucher codes, but lets not forget the difference a tenner makes can (if the order is not large) be significant to the overall unit price per coin. I am very grateful to have this voucher code and will miss it when it expires. Though if there is a code for 10% off, please do share! 😁

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

I appreciate that we would all prefer 10% or more voucher codes, but lets not forget the difference a tenner makes can (if the order is not large) be significant to the overall unit price per coin. I am very grateful to have this voucher code and will miss it when it expires. Though if there is a code for 10% off, please do share! 😁

True enough, but under @BackyardBullion shipping only cost me something like 3 quid for the lot. It's just not the same...

1 hour ago, nazarkovn said:

Code is no longer valid

You need to enter the country and shipping first for it to work, It's only a tenner off the 20 they charge for shipping though =(

That £10 off got me a extra half ounce 

10 minutes ago, Shaunbarry said:

So code has already gone ok

Will look at other dealers then goldsilverbe been a good service slightly more on coin but good on shipping unless you pay Pay pal on European mint EU cost more I've found

Have you looked at using transferwise to do your money transfer? Would be much better than paypal or direct IBAN

Also, we are going to have a solution in the form of a new code or having a group order where you pay EU mint and I distribute - savings would be about the same as a regular group order. 

Hopefully will have an outcome on this in the next few days. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

14 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Have you looked at using transferwise to do your money transfer? Would be much better than paypal or direct IBAN

Also, we are going to have a solution in the form of a new code or having a group order where you pay EU mint and I distribute - savings would be about the same as a regular group order. 

Hopefully will have an outcome on this in the next few days. 

That sounds like a great solution!

When this forum was set up members who were making a larger order would ask if any other members would like to order at the same time.  I think it would be a good idea if forum members went back to doing that again.  I know i ordered quite a lot for other members for free and it is a pain in the ass if you order for to many people.  

Remember BYB did the group orders off his own back.  He should not be pressured into doing it,  members had it good for quite a long time.   

20 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Apart from no more cheap silver, who's going to miss the unboxing videos?

Its this and feeling like being part of something that was the main attraction for me. Once you are ordering 30 or so ounces and paying for Special Delivery the savings in postage are negligible but what made it fun was seeing the ridiculous amount all together and knowing you were a part of that. It was a really good way to feel a part of the community as well from a newbie perspective. I like many others found the Silver Forum from BYB's videos and joined so that I could be a part of the group order. Knowing I was a part of that really made it easy to feel welcome here.

@BackyardBullion It is very, very decent of you to take the time and trouble to try and find an alternative process so that Group Orders may continue in some sort of revised format.

You're a very busy chap, running your own business, and you have no obligation whatsoever to undertake research for everyone else's benefit - but I am sure that I'm not alone in appreciating the fact that you are doing so :)

3 hours ago, Fastnick said:

@BackyardBullion It is very, very decent of you to take the time and trouble to try and find an alternative process so that Group Orders may continue in some form of revised format.

You're a very busy chap, running your own business, and you have no obligation to do this for everyone else's benefit - but I am sure that I'm not alone in appreciating the fact that you are doing this :)

Well said @Fastnick

1 hour ago, StackerNoob said:

not nearly as sturdy as the old girl of @BackyardBullion

Is that really any way to be talking about Mrs Backyard Bullion?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Is that really any way to be talking about Mrs Backyard Bullion?

I'm not sure, do ladies consider "sturdy" to be a compliment? Let me think of an alternative...robust, stocky, well-built, well-crafted, strong-legged, resilient <--- there you go, got it!

Archived