• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

2 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I was looking forward to their correspondence. :(

I have a love/hate relationship with it now. It stops for a few days after I send a 'no marketing!' letter (courtesy of their pre-paid envelopes) and I start to feel like something's missing in my life...

Then a few days later it starts up again and balance is restored, I get some lovely postcards, have a laugh at their offers, and I can send them another letter asking them to stop (just posted them number 3 or 4, I forget now) :)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I have a love/hate relationship with it now. It stops for a few days after I send a 'no marketing!' letter (courtesy of their pre-paid envelopes) and I start to feel like something's missing in my life...

Then a few days later it starts up again and balance is restored, I get some lovely postcards, have a laugh at their offers, and I can send them another letter asking them to stop (just posted them number 3 or 4, I forget now) :)

😂  I'm starting to know the feeling.

All was well on the postal front here then I stupidly bought another under priced sovereign.

How silly of me.

I've now had two letters offering me there latest 'investment ' coin.... this week !

Most notably the 1957 sovereign for an absolute bargain price of £599 !

I best hurry as they've only 50 in stock...

I may have to try the stop and desist route.

On 07/05/2019 at 18:14, HighlandTiger said:

Just bought some sovs from them, looking forward to my new postcard collection. 

Do we know how many are in the set?

:)

Could they be persuaded to prestamp them? 

I can't wait for the Christmas version.... "on the first day of Christmas HB sent to me ...... a Queens Beasts Rolling in Snow"

Couldn't those in the London vicinity just buy from them in person? They can't send you letters if they don't know your address. I used to buy from another bullion dealer a couple of years ago in person and did just that. When I filled out their receipt certificate, I wrote a disused business address on it. H&B's front door seems very plush too, might be worth a visit.

20 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

A quick question for all you H&B fans, how long does it usually take for delivery of the coins after placing an order?

First order about four working days but subsequent orders 2 to 3 working days.

On 08/05/2019 at 16:19, Derv said:

😂  I'm starting to know the feeling.

All was well on the postal front here then I stupidly bought another under priced sovereign.

How silly of me.

I've now had two letters offering me there latest 'investment ' coin.... this week !

Most notably the 1957 sovereign for an absolute bargain price of £599 !

I best hurry as they've only 50 in stock...

I may have to try the stop and desist route.

You can't really fault their processing of orders, presentation of coins, stationary quality or persistence.....but repetitive promotional materials can be irritating.

The  £279 - 1/4 oz Falcons seem a fair price currently for fractionals.

20 hours ago, Caratacus said:

You can't really fault their processing of orders, presentation of coins, stationary quality or persistence.....but repetitive promotional materials can be irritating.

I've made fun of them a lot here but have to agree with all of that. Their service is excellent (with these bargain sovereigns) but with the big exception of the mail deluge of wildly overpriced stuff.

I even capsuled the first bullion sovereigns I ever bought from HGM (overkill I know) but only because they looked like poor relations in their flips compared to the nicely capsuled H&B ones.

20 hours ago, Caratacus said:

25 minutes ago, Goldflinger said:

I've made fun of them a lot here but have to agree with all of that.

I can easily (disagree). They come in lovely caps yes which is brilliant, but also in nice 'wallets' that unfortunately have their name on them, so have to chuck those out. The stationary quality is superlative, but no doubt any 'dodgy link' in the postal chain will spot it a mile off and mark your address as a clueless numpty who probably has very high priced gold coins at that address and no idea about security whatsoever.

Still at least you get a nice phonecall telling you that you're an idiot for buying bullion from them rather than proofs 🤣

53 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I can easily (disagree). They come in lovely caps yes which is brilliant, but also in nice 'wallets' that unfortunately have their name on them, so have to chuck those out. The stationary quality is superlative, but no doubt any 'dodgy link' in the postal chain will spot it a mile off and mark your address as a clueless numpty who probably has very high priced gold coins at that address and no idea about security whatsoever.

Still at least you get a nice phonecall telling you that you're an idiot for buying bullion from them rather than proofs 🤣

Never had a phone call, just the post every 3-4 days. I'm hoping our postie just thinks they're PPI or ambulance chasing spammers - their name sounds like one of them 😄

I have a PFO (Please F off) letter ready to go but now I see they're back with cheaper sovs, I'm in 2 minds whether to fire it off for another while.

BTW Did anybody see that old episode of the Sweeney repeated earlier in the week on ITV4, Golden Fleece? Now that storyline would give you nightmares.

' Colin MacGruder and Ray Stackpole, two Australians with the theme "Nice 'n' easy does it", commit eleven armed robberies, in each case stealing Kruger Rands purchased from the same firm, the managing director's secretary tipping them off as to the whereabouts of the coins.'

On 09/05/2019 at 22:53, Caratacus said:

True , I can't fault the order process or the coin capsule. 

Stationary is quality, I agree. Though unwarranted as I've asked for it not to be sent more than once. It's a complete waste of materials and resources. 

Another came through the door today...ho hum. 

I  am extremely disappointed with the customer service of this company. 

I placed an order more than two weeks ago, and whilst my sovereigns arrived safe and sound, I have not received a single piece of junk mail. No enticing offers, no free postcards, nothing, nada, zilch.

I suppose I'm just not special enough to warrant being a favoured client.

😢

Harrington were sending me junk mail every week. Sent email asking to desist, still kept coming. I then sent the following email advised by Information Commissioners Office, mail stopped immediately. FYI, Harrington outsource their junk mailing to a 3rd party, this may or may not be a concern, but for me I prefer privacy.

[ Your full name ]
[ Your full address ]

[ Today's date ]

Data Controller / Company Secretary
[ Organisation's full address ]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Notice under the Data Protection Act 1998 not to use my personal information for direct marketing

I, [ your full name ] of [ your full address ] require you to [ stop / not to begin ] processing personal information relating to me for direct marketing as soon as possible and in any event within 28 days of the date of this [ letter / e-mail ].

If you do not normally handle these requests for your organisation, please pass this [ letter / e-mail ] to your Data Protection Officer or the person who does.

Please note that if you do not comply with this notice, I can apply to the court for an order against you under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act.

Yours faithfully,

[ Your name ]

Haven’t bought any from this company yet but bought some coins from the Westminster collection and getting no end of junk mail from other coin companies.    They must have sold address on because I made a spelling mistake on my address and they all have the same mistake

As is often the case with me, I tend to look at things in a very simplistic way...….

* I have bought some very keenly-priced gold sovereigns from H&B - happy days!

* Since then, I have regularly received significant amounts of mail from them inviting me to buy some extremely pricey coins from their range

* I don't get "hot under the collar" about these mailings, nor do I send a cease and desist letter to H&B, nor do I threaten them with reporting them to the Data Protection authorities or legal action; I just put their letters in a marvellous invention called "The Bin" - it's very, very easy!

6 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

As is often the case with me, I tend to look at things in a very simplistic way...….

* I don't get "hot under the collar" about these mailings, nor do I send a cease and desist letter to H&B, nor do I threaten them with reporting them to the Data Protection authorities or legal action; I just put their letters in a marvellous invention called "The Bin" - it's very, very easy!

I also like to look at it simplistically. I do not like my information shared with unknown 3rd parties, particularly when it comes to precious metals, so asked to be removed from their and their 3rd party mailing lists, simples.  A copy and paste email takes seconds, no need to get hot and bothered about it lol.

If you are happy with your personal information being shared, then that's obviously your choice and absolutely fine, but for myself I prefer privacy. 

5 minutes ago, RichRock said:

If you are happy with your personal information being shared, then that's obviously your choice and absolutely fine, but for myself I prefer privacy. 

The truth is that I am really not that bothered with my info/details being passed/out-sourced to a third party mailing company....

With the huge digital footprint that I must leave on a daily basis - using my debit and credit cards, a plethora of loyalty cards, records of my landline and mobile phone calls being logged and retained, my travel movements being stored on my iPhone, a record of the websites I visit, both my car and my face being caught on CCTV/security cameras every time I venture outside my front door - my name and address being on one more database just isn't an issue for me B)

2 hours ago, Fastnick said:

The truth is that I am really not that bothered with my info/details being passed/out-sourced to a third party mailing company....

- my name and address being on one more database just isn't an issue for me B)

Fair enough, but with all that junk mail I'd hate to be your postman.

Sometimes it's good to keep the postman/lady happy, they might save your chicken one day...

Box filled "Number of items: 1 chicken" and "it's too large" lol.

chicken.jpg.5869096af595e6470f6fff50bfb964a6.jpg

Archived