• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

The sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne are the same weight as any sovereign from were ever. First a sovereign from H&B, second 1895 sovereign. It looks OK to me. Are we looking for a fault as the price is so low???  I HAVE JUST PUT A POLL UP ASKING Would you buy sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne. 20/04.

1877660248_20190411_213527(1).thumb.jpg.30be9a8e4eb1a0af388a15e9add0f916.jpg1477468938_20190411_213602(1).thumb.jpg.ec19d6aab0d62246e4e427c0038e409a.jpg

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

The amount of mail they send is astounding! Nearly one a week on fancy paper inside a fancy envelope! 

@kimchi @Bullionaire have had the same issues after buying from them.

Bullionaire had sent a letter asking for them to stop but was ignored so needed to also send an email, not sure what happened from there.

No need to have to endure the hassle, stress and expense of moving home, notifying the GDPR regulatory authorities, sending back mailshots, or generally getting a little hot under the collar about receiving stuff in the post - I have discovered a cheap, simple, and very effective alternative called "The Bin" B)

6 hours ago, Robjw said:

@kimchi @Bullionaire have had the same issues after buying from them.

Bullionaire had sent a letter asking for them to stop but was ignored so needed to also send an email, not sure what happened from there.

Haven't received any since the email threatening ico complaints. Only been about a week though  

4 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Haven't received any since the email threatening ico complaints. Only been about a week though  

Hopefully that puts an end to it for you, others should follow your lead and send emails too. They should of included an opt-out for post too, maybe people emailing should bring that up, I know they do not have to legally but who knows they might if enough people complain.

I hope this isn't too off-topic but how does the 3 items limit work in practice? Seems to be per order but presumably the aim is to stop volume buying of below spot sovereigns to only a small number of customers, so is there a limit per household to stop multiple orders of three? 

Is there a time limit before you can buy another three to the same household? 

I appreciate we may not know those answers yet but please update if you do! 

Today's Harrington and Byrne postal offer is actually quite an interesting coin imo...just not from them at their price (utter scumbags that they are, again imvho).

@Blockhead not off-topic at all! In practice it seems that you can order the yearly household limit that they have for any bullion coin (3). Then, once received, order again on the same account. My mistake was making a second account at the same address for a second order which was obviously flagged up to their 'we have a new customer let's see how much we can fleece them on proofs!' department who spotted the duplicate and stopped it. I think I'm the only one this has happened to and for that reason.

18 minutes ago, xipotle said:

I got this the other day

"Unfortunately I have had to cancel your order ***** for two 2019 bullion sovereigns as you have exceeded the limit for these coins per household per year."

Email? Who was it from?

Ive had 12 Sovereigns out of them now and never had an order cancelled. Just kept reordering. Also bought a 1/4 oz Britannia from them at £269 which is still available at that price.

Must admit i get a lot of junk mail from them i just tend to bin it.

59 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Looks like they're beginning to realise some peeps on here are taking advantage of them! 😂

According to the chap I spoke to it's illegal for them to sell more than 3 of any bullion coin per year to a household without a 'bullion dealers licence'. No idea if that's true or not (I don't trust much of what I was told in a long phone conversation) but perhaps that was nonsense and someone at the dispatch dept has just had a brainwave - 'hang on, this is the fifth lot of Sovs going off to the same address' 🤣

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

According to the chap I spoke to it's illegal for them to sell more than 3 of any bullion coin per year to a household without a 'bullion dealers licence'. No idea if that's true or not

sounds like boll***s to me, i've never heard of a bullion dealers license, and if there such a thing, it's kinda ridiculous it would specify a random cut-off of 3 sovereigns per household.

they are selling these things below spot and have been for a while now. it's obviously a loss leader in order to get buyer's details for the heavy upselling.

therefore it's pointless for them to sell more than 3 to any one person, at a loss, when just the 3 has done the job.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 12/04/2019 at 18:59, kimchi said:

According to the chap I spoke to it's illegal for them to sell more than 3 of any bullion coin per year to a household without a 'bullion dealers licence'. 

*cough*totallboll**cks*cough*  😂

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

Archived