• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

2 minutes ago, augur said:

Irrespective if this is still the Julian Assange who initially fled to the Ecuadorean Embassy: Can the Met Police arrest somebody on Ecuadorean territory?!

I’m sure I read on another article, The Ecuadorean Embassy invited the police themselves Government/Corporations must of made a real good deal for Ecuador to sell out.     

Maybe they got a good on coffee and chocolate - either way, what a sell-out.

10 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

I’m sure I read on another article, The Ecuadorean Embassy invited the police themselves Government/Corporations must of made a real good deal for Ecuador to sell out.     

Edited by AlphaBeast

17 minutes ago, augur said:

Irrespective if this is still the Julian Assange who initially fled to the Ecuadorean Embassy: Can the Met Police arrest somebody on Ecuadorean territory?!

I guess if the officials in the Embassy invited the Police in, then it’s a fair cop. There was a Warrant for his arrest. 

Looking at the footage of him being taken out of the Embassy, they’ve probably done him a favour in terms of both his physical & mental health- all those years of a solitary existence, likely not much stimulation mentally and a lack of fresh air and daylight makes him look much older than his actual years. 

Edited by richatthecroft

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

I guess if the officials in the Embassy invited the Police in, then it’s a fair cop. There was a Warrant for his arrest. 

Looking at the footage of him being taken out of the Embassy, they’ve probably done him a favour in terms of both his physical health- all those years of a solitary existence, likely not much stimulation mentally and a lack of fresh air and daylight makes him look much older than his actual years. 

But if they decide to extradite him to the US & they will, He’s definitely going straight too Guantanamo bay not sure if he’s had Bob’s sandwich before but I doubt he’ll enjoy it.

Silly really, holing up like this for 9 years and in the end upsetting the Ecuadorians to the point they kick you out.  Disappointed the US have requested extradition as best punishment they could give him would be to ignore him.  Not clear how he could stand trial there anyway as never committed offence in the US, so interesting to see how this plays out. 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Silly really, holing up like this for 9 years and in the end upsetting the Ecuadorians to the point they kick you out.  Disappointed the US have requested extradition as best punishment they could give him would be to ignore him.  Not clear how he could stand trial there anyway as never committed offence in the US, so interesting to see how this plays out. 

As he shared US secrets, They’ll charge him on that. He’s wanted In Sweden for allegations I don’t think are true but from there he’s off one way to the states.

1 minute ago, StackSellRepeat said:

As he shared US secrets, They’ll charge him on that. He’s wanted In Sweden for allegations I don’t think are true but from there he’s off one way to the states.

Normally you have to be in a country's jurisdiction for the offence to stand.  Also he'll claim first amendment anyway, he didnt obtain the material anyway, just published.  I recall a very long learned article from US lawyers on this, i was left with the impression a case wouldnt make it to court let alone an application for extradition.  Upto until now theres been no warrant only threats of one, so i dont know what changed. 

After watching Making a Murder, any old sh1t can happen in the US of Amendments

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

Normally you have to be in a country's jurisdiction for the offence to stand.  Also he'll claim first amendment anyway, he didnt obtain the material anyway, just published.  I recall a very long learned article from US lawyers on this, i was left with the impression a case wouldnt make it to court let alone an application for extradition.  Upto until now theres been no warrant only threats of one, so i dont know what changed. 

Edited by AlphaBeast

2 hours ago, StackSellRepeat said:

He's not wanted in Sweden - the rape allegations were dropped - they were phony in the first place. He answered questions on this already but Sweden then decided they wanted to ask more questions, except this is not what it was about - they would have sent him to the US. He was in the UK and Sweden wanted the UK to send him there to answer non-existent questions before putting on a plane to the USA. So extradition proceedings started - Assange kept appealing and was on bail but knew he would end up in a cage in the US never to reappear so he then disappeared into the Ecuadorian embassy so a UK arrest warrant was issued for bail offences. He was arrested for that today. The US has put in an extradition request which will be fast tracked. He will be stateside by tomorrow.

Assange published true information - (not been denied) which embarrassed the US authorities. It exposed wrong doing. So what we have is a journalist being hounded and arrested for holding the state to account - this is what we need in a free press. This is very very bad sh1t -

Edited by sixgun

9 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

...hence causing precedent for future truths for which certain people/organisations will want to be kept hidden.

i have certainly noticed things are accelerating - since 9/11 it has got worse and worse. i expect the fiat banking system will collapse - the end is neigh. The ability to create $trillions out of thin air has enabled the cabal to do as they like. When the banking system collapses - which it will they need to be able to shut everything down and regain control in some sort of Hunger Games society. This sort of idea - a 'Hunger Games' society is scoffed at by most - well the vast majority scoff in their delusionary world of BBC news and Britains Got Talent pulp fiction  - they don't see what is really before them. They have forgotten or never knew how it was. i remember in the 1970's at school when the 1984 novel was a complete fiction - now it is a living piece of work.

Edited by sixgun

3 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

Not going to do the MuhRussia narrative any good if Assange verifies that Seth Rich gave him all the DNC info.  

Could it be the case that Trump wants him to make this statement (and possibly other ones as well)?

Edited by silenceissilver

Spot on with 1984. Brazil is another 'movie' which is eerily familiar.

Even the classic Demolition Man, the scene with the VR sex scene (remember this was in the early 90s). iRobot is another...it's all starting to come true. I used to be really ignorant and now I wonder is it really better to be clued up when the mass are ignorant themselves.

Even the farce being Brexit (don't really want to talk about it - too much of it has done on but), democracy is when the majority vote for a decision - leave, yet it seems people are okay with a second referendum. This would set precedent for any future elections etc to be overturned because of the minority. It basically give the big boys the thumbs up to do what they want whilst the public are just puppets.

Now you got me thinking is Fortnite, some kind of plan for the future?...this was taken from Hunger Games which you could say was copied from the Japenese movie, Battle Royale and that is essentially a population control exercise...

42 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have certainly noticed things are accelerating - since 9/11 it has got worse and worse. i expect the fiat banking system will collapse - the end is neigh. The ability to create $trillions out of thin air has enabled the cabal to do as they like. When the banking system collapses - which it will they need to be able to shut everything down and regain control in some sort of Hunger Games society. This sort of idea - a 'Hunger Games' society is scoffed at by most - well the vast majority scoff in their delusionary world of BBC news and Britains Got Talent pulp fiction  - they don't see what is really before them. They have forgotten or never knew how it was. i remember in the 1970's at school when the 1984 novel was a complete fiction - now it is a living piece of work.