• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Taking The Plunge

PansPurse

3 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Welp, that's it. I've registered a hallmark with the assay office. I guess that means I've got to set up an etsy shop now, right?

Awesome stuff! 

Which assay office did you go for?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Awesome stuff! 

Which assay office did you go for?

London, basically for the convenience of being able to take a trip into town and deliver by hand. Also they offer laser marking without having to pay for a punch which seems a bit of a bonus for my purposes

Don't want to clog up the "Today I Made" thread do here's some more test pieces. Extra wide crown, 20 Euro Cent (photo doesn't do it justice) and Australian parliament House florin:

1771632401_IMG_20190413_1810462.thumb.jpg.4f17509af9de6ddbfa7ffd788b8f4106.jpg

Close up of the florin because it's turned out gorgeous:

1200110435_IMG_20190413_1816192.thumb.jpg.adc442b0da0dec42e86883269f51b446.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2019 at 22:35, sovereignsteve said:

possibly a silly question; but are you allowed to deface/disfigure/mutilate coins of the realm?

maybe it makes a difference that they are not current legal tender?

It's a good question and I have looked into it. Basically it only applies to current circulating coinage so anything pre-decimalisation is fine (for example). Weirdly defacing is fine, so those machines that take a 2p and stretch it and emboss the logo of a tourist attraction are fine. The only things outlawed are breaking up or melting down. Because making a ring means punching or drilling a hole in the middle it would fall foul of that, so I'm steering clear of circulating UK coins to be on the safe side.

There's also, I guess, a question of enforcement and whether a prosecution would be in the public interest but I've absolutely no interest in being a test case 😋

The only other grey area I'm pondering is where it would stand on, say, sovereigns.

18 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

really, how? tell us more😉

Pan altered a ring for me, it is a size “Y” for my RH ring finger.

I’d like a half crown ring for my index finger, size “3” would be a snug fit (three sizes beyond the alphabet scale).

Years of weight training in the gym.

At the office and, err, it seems like it's closed... Gotta admit not super thrilled (website says they're open 8-5 with no lunch break)

Update: closed early because of an event. No information on website, kinda miffed I've made the trip for nothing 

Archived