• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

10 hours ago, QStack said:

I think you can already do this with the WIREX app and card. https://wirexapp.com

Has anyone on here used Wirex for buying/selling/using crypto? If so is it any good?

When I looked at these in the past the fees were quite bad and quite limited to low cash amounts.

I was one of the first 1000 for the Coinbase card so will get it for free.

The fees appear to be ok until you get to this:

Crypto Liquidation Fees :  2.49% of transaction

I assume that's when they convert your crypto to fiat for the transaction.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2969910-coinbase-card-faq

Also I don't know how this fits in with tax laws and whether theyll be reporting users to the HMRC.

It's a good tool should anybody wish to bin off all their bank accounts.

11 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

The fees appear to be ok until you get to this:

Crypto Liquidation Fees :  2.49% of transaction

I assume that's when they convert your crypto to fiat for the transaction.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2969910-coinbase-card-faq

ill try a way around it.  You could sell a bit to fiat on coinbase pro for very low fees and move to the main coinbase side.

If that means the liquidation fee is removed then ATM withdrawals will be free up to £200.

On 11/04/2019 at 19:05, HelpingHands said:

ill try a way around it.  You could sell a bit to fiat on coinbase pro for very low fees and move to the main coinbase side.

If that means the liquidation fee is removed then ATM withdrawals will be free up to £200.

I got the coinbase card to try and earn some crypto on a small bit of pocket money this mth.  Tested the water with a hundred quid and coz of the btc coin spike should make about 30 quid but the card app doesn’t allow you to spend fiat.  I suppose the 2.5% charge isn’t too bad when your up by 30%.

2 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

I got the coinbase card to try and earn some crypto on a small bit of pocket money this mth.  Tested the water with a hundred quid and coz of the btc coin spike should make about 30 quid but the card app doesn’t allow you to spend fiat.  I suppose the 2.5% charge isn’t too bad when your up by 30%.

The fees don't seem that bad either.   Ive used it Tesco and I think I paid about the equivalent of about 80p in fees.

Who needs fiat?

3 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

Lol I need to use the cash point before I can use contactless.  It’s about time we had a card to spend crypt with.  All those promises from tenx and Monaco and it’s coinbase that delivers!! 

I think you just needed to use the pin before contactless so it doesn't have to be a cashpoint.   The card reader at a till is fine.

It's worth a backup option though in case you have to put your shopping back.

3 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

I’m gonna start accumulating again this mth after selling out a while back.  What are you guys into these days? I’m thinking 50% Btc, a little eth, neo, gas is looking good, Nano.... and a long shot crypto that can go 20x which I have no idea about yet haha 

Ive ended up with a heavier alt percentage than I intended during this btc spike.

I prefer to just flip them back to btc.

My feeling is that this btc spike was the warm up for the halving hype.   I hope that over the next couple of months there is a bit of a pull back to give the alts a chance then get back to 100% btc for the run to 80k.