• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best way to sell silver in bulk

ssharktu17

40 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

They tend not to buy scrap here, it's mostly bullion, collectable and historical.

Oh I would have thought bullion would be the biggest category purchased.  I used to buy collector coins but I certainly got killed on those when I went to sell them never paying a premium to spot again maybe 10% max.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2019 at 19:52, DarkChameleon said:

I'm getting advice from metaldetectingforum and they say ARA is recommended, it seems they are good for refining too...so turn the 925 into 999...but it seems they are good for cash as well.

ARA seems like one of the highest ones Im seeing 93% for melt rate. But guesssing they have fees.

3 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Never guess, call them or email them...doesn't cost much.

Would be nice if there were a list of refiners or something with all of their fee schedules and rates. I think I will spend some time trying to put that together. then maybe start calling and see what hidden fees they also charge. 

3 minutes ago, ssharktu17 said:

Would be nice if there were a list of refiners or something with all of their fee schedules and rates. I think I will spend some time trying to put that together. then maybe start calling and see what hidden fees they also charge. 

good idea, and some will refine it and send you your value back in 999 or gold...cut out the middle man if that's what you want to weight in for...kine will be weighed in probably before my coffin is covered over...lol...good thing I don't have any gold teeth...lol..but till then I'll be buying and selling to buy and sell more...and onky have about 4 oz's of scrap silver from my metal detecting worth sending anywhere.

Since you are US BASED, consider Reddit pmsforsale. Pretty sure you could get spot for sterling or slightly below if you list items. I see a lot of sales happening on there. They key is to deal with users with decent feedback. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

If you are inclined, OP, it would be interesting to hear how you made out moving 10k oz of silver once you've got it all settled. Folks talk quite a bit online and on youtube about exit strategies, but there is little commentary from people who have actually done it at scale. I think it would be interesting and a useful experience to learn from. 

Whilst I didnt shift 10k oz, I did recently shift about 400 oz of silver flatware. Took it to my local scrap gold dealer, got slightly less than the UK average of 88% of spot for most of it, a bit more for the Dublin and Exeter hallmarked stuff. I could of got a few % more if I drove up to Birmingham to the bigger dealers, (the same place my dealer goes to shift his scrap silver and gold), but that's time and petrol money. But I have a very good relationship with my dealer, whilst he made a few quid out of me this time, I'll get it back in the future when I buy my sovs from him. He doesn't charge any difference between dates, shields, mints etc with sovs, and I get to search through his latest aquisitions for the best quality and rareity. 

So selling to the place that offers the most, may not necessarily be the best option for you. 

Archived