• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

DarkChameleon

for exchange Here's an interesting offer, gold for silver exchange

Recommended Posts

I asked a question to the forum about if it was a good time to exchange your gold for silver given the high ratio right now.

So here's an offer...I have one gold sovereign I can afford to let go....I'll post a picture of it soon...as I'm not able to this second but I have one I'll select from my jiggle fund (loose coins I like to jiggle in a velvet bag)...anywho, let's see if this gets some interesting responses.

I will swap this sovereign for a tube of 20 American Silver Eagles....straight exchange, you cover the shipping on your end and I cover it on mine...so, do you want to exchange some of your silver for some of my gold????.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump....if youre interested then post, if not then state why not?...this is a simple conversation but I would do a deal....this offer is only good for so long...the ratio is increasing right now...as a collector, horder, stasher, flipper I have both silver and gold and other assorted stuff and Ave the Ebay site busy-bee-company with 100% rating with 450 deals so don't be too suspicious but think about it...maybe also view my topic of 'is it time to convert our gold to silver?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Bump....if youre interested then post, if not then state why not?...this is a simple conversation but I would do a deal....this offer is only good for so long...the ratio is increasing right now...as a collector, horder, stasher, flipper I have both silver and gold and other assorted stuff and Ave the Ebay site busy-bee-company with 100% rating with 450 deals so don't be too suspicious but think about it...maybe also view my topic of 'is it time to convert our gold to silver?'

In the U.K. so not really applicable but the reasons why it wouldn’t work from our end.   Cheapest we can get sovs for here at moment is £229 (albeit a loss leader from a company).    Cheapest I could buy 20 silver eagles is from Europe at £274.60 plus shipping to U.K. plus shipping to US so would be over £300 all in to get the 20 eagles to you.    

I know we have different costs here than over the water that’s why you see a lot of silver forum members stack gold rather than silver

just my opinion but thought I’d say things from our side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

In the U.K. so not really applicable but the reasons why it wouldn’t work from our end.   Cheapest we can get sovs for here at moment is £229 (albeit a loss leader from a company).    Cheapest I could buy 20 silver eagles is from Europe at £274.60 plus shipping to U.K. plus shipping to US so would be over £300 all in to get the 20 eagles to you.    

I know we have different costs here than over the water that’s why you see a lot of silver forum members stack gold rather than silver

just my opinion but thought I’d say things from our side

I understand the international reason for no deal, hense the ase here, the offer wouldn't work over there....but...would you swap 20 say brits with a brit for a sovereign?....it's a question I posed but then decided to offer up...knowing it's going to be in the US and not europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

I understand the international reason for no deal, hense the ase here, the offer wouldn't work over there....but...would you swap 20 say brits with a brit for a sovereign?....it's a question I posed but then decided to offer up...knowing it's going to be in the US and not europe.

I’d rather have eagles than brits, but because of our tax system we have to add 20% to silver coins if bought in U.K.          I love silver and collect it but don’t stack it.    I think America and Australia are more clued up when it comes to silver

out of interest that could you buy silver eagles for over there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I’d rather have eagles than brits, but because of our tax system we have to add 20% to silver coins if bought in U.K.          I love silver and collect it but don’t stack it.    I think America and Australia are more clued up when it comes to silver

out of interest that could you buy silver eagles for over there?

My LCS sells eagles at spot plus $2.75, Brits at spot plus $1.50, you can find slightly better online as loss leaders but usually require large purchases and payment by wire or cheque.

 

I both collect silver, gold, platinum and other assorted stuff but also stack...so pretty much a magpie.

Edited by DarkChameleon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

if youre interested then post, if not then state why not?

Not sure if we should be having a discussion in a sell thread, but you asked for feedback... :unsure:

I have the same issue as Cornishfarmer and I'm in the US.  I can get a gold Sov from a dealer for $315.  I can easily sell a roll of eagles on reddit in like 10 minutes for $340.  For even more if Im patient.  This frankly just isnt a good deal.  Maybe 18 or 19 eagles would be more appropriate, or 20 generic rounds at spot if you are trying to use the G/S ratio.

 

Edited by ZatStackz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ZatStackz said:

 

Not sure if we should be having a discussion in a sell thread, but you asked for feedback... :unsure:

I have the same issue as Cornishfarmer and I'm in the US.  I can get a gold Sov from a dealer for $315.  I can easily sell a roll of eagles on reddit in like 10 minutes for $340.  For even more if Im patient.  This frankly just isnt a good deal.  Maybe 18 or 19 eagles would be more appropriate, or 20 generic rounds at spot if you are trying to use the G/S ratio.

 

This was placed in this by the management...it was a question as much as an offer to see would people swap their gold for silver or silver for gold without the middleman...i don't really care to buy or sell but thought I'd put my money where my mouth was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.