• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tubes for gold sovereigns in capsules??

Downs523

I have one of these for putting my sovereigns in, it holds sovs in 22.5 lighthouse capsules nicely. don't think i'll ever fill it!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Coins-Square-Portable-Storage-Tubes-Coin-Holder-Propene-Polymer-Coin-Safe/173131385688?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

be careful if looking at other suppliers- there are more than one type on the market which look the same, and the ones without "coinsafe" written on the top tend to narrow with depth and they dont fit properly.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

If you don't mind what type of tube you want, these maybe ok, ID 23.8mm. They may fit I don't know. They are airtight if nothing else and FREE! Well, postage would be nice. 

20190421_093717.jpg

I love this! And they are ideal for storage, no one would realise you have a few thousand of £ in there. 

On 09/04/2019 at 12:44, boon said:

I have one of these for putting my sovereigns in, it holds sovs in 22.5 lighthouse capsules nicely. don't think i'll ever fill it!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Coins-Square-Portable-Storage-Tubes-Coin-Holder-Propene-Polymer-Coin-Safe/173131385688?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

be careful if looking at other suppliers- there are more than one type on the market which look the same, and the ones without "coinsafe" written on the top tend to narrow with depth and they dont fit properly.

Excellent! I have been wondering what size to buy. Are they a nice fit? I know you haven’t filled one but roughly how many do you think it will take?

Ha ha I use old berocca/ cheap supermarket copy tubes for some coins 👍

as for how many sovs fit it the coinsafe ones I’m not sure as I’ve never owned enough to fill one- however I think I bought a box of lighthouse caps last time I bought a sov about 18 months ago, so I’ll have a root when home and see if I have enough to fill a tube 👍

Interesting result- i never noticed until tonight but I actually have 2 different length tubes......... one would fit 16 22.5mm lighthouse sov caps in, the other 17. Hope that helps :)👍

On 09/04/2019 at 12:44, boon said:

I bought one of these and it's good for the money. Slightly bigger than my capsules but still excellent quality. 

Just need to fill it now... does anyone have a full sovereign for sale? Looking for early 1900s 👍

Archived