• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

TheProspector

RM Scientist 50p - who would the forum like?

Just completed a survey for the RM relating to having Scientists on future coins.

Basically they wanted to know who you would want (Freetext) and then gave you a shortlist (presumably their own list). Theses included Turing, Faraday, Fleming Babbage etc...

I was wondering who the forum would like to go alongside Newton and Hawking coins?

I voted Turing, in my mind the image would look pretty cool if it incorporated modern coding with the Enigma machine...

I'd go for Turing too, but he's favourite to be on the next £50.

I'll go for my local Hampshire hero, Gilbert White. He's basically the founding father of naturalism and his book, The Natural History of Selborne, has been in print since it was first published in 1789. It would also be a good complement to the Jane Austen banknote since Selborne is a short pony-and-trap ride from Jane's house at Chawton.

1 hour ago, Norskgeld said:

My English choice is Rupert Sheldrake.

Sheldrake was a scientist once, but certainly isn't any more.