• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Full & half sovereign prices

MANJSK

Hi all

Just after some advice from the experts on this forum please.

I am being offered the following sovs;

Half sovs.. 1901, 1915, 1982 @£125 each

Full sovs...1871, 1880, 1887, 1889, 1899, 1911, 1912, 1879 @£250 each

They are all in bullion condition.

My question is..do you think these are good prices for these years ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

4 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

the prices sound about right, but if you are not bothered by the mint year and just want to buy cheap sovereigns, harryngtonandbryne  are selling 2019 full sovereigns for £229 delivered.

I agree with @Nick1368 as I have just ordered 3 x 2019 full sovereigns at this price, free delivery and payment made with a credit card without additional cost.
Cannot believe the price as spot right now is £31.999 per gram.

A sovereign contains 7.32 grams of fine gold so is worth £234.23 as scrap metal today so H&B are selling BELOW spot right now.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree with @Nick1368 as I have just ordered 3 x 2019 full sovereigns at this price, free delivery and payment made with a credit card without additional cost.
Cannot believe the price as spot right now is £31.999 per gram.

A sovereign contains 7.32 grams of fine gold so is worth £234.23 as scrap metal today so H&B are selling BELOW spot right now.

yes this price is unbelievably good I must say, here is the link :

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-3163.html

Hey guys, thanks for your replies so far, really appreciated. 

I already have 6 of the H&B 2019 coins and thought of getting some older dates this time round. I also thought YH and JH was the ones to buy.

👍👍👍

If you ever want to check if prices are good look for the cheapest sovereigns and half sovereigns on Atkinsons and also HGM.
That gives you a benchmark.
If you can buy Victorian sovs at around these prices you are good to go.
If however you are seeking a specific year and wondering if the price is too high it is always worth checking the sold auctions on eBay to see if there have been any recent sales.

My 2019 UNC sovereigns arrived today from Harrington & Byrne and I was pleasantly surprised to find each coin encapsulated with a certificate and inside a wallet.
Considering I paid less than spot, free delivery, paid using a credit card with no surcharge - this has definitely been a bargain.

94445858_2019Sovereign.thumb.jpg.72ec8adeea02c799f251238d6f03d451.jpg

Archived