• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is a reasonable premium per Oz for your stack?

SiliconToad

I was going back over my inventory spreadsheet looking at my total costs for my silver, and for the 149.06 oz I have (blame the 30g panda for the odd number) I'm at a $2.89/oz premium over an average 15.43 spot price. 47 oz are rounds (though some are marketed as "semi-numismatic," e.g. World of Dragon series rounds), the rest are an assortment government issued bullion BU coins with a face value, very few duplicates, a few 10oz in the mix (QB). I'm curious if my premium per oz is more or less on par with other folks in the community with a mix of silver or not. Anyone have thoughts?  

This appears to be very good to me. Most of the members here are EU/UK people so have to contend with sales taxes - even when you manage to side step these taxes it impacts on price. i doubt i even have double figure ounces of silver on which i have paid VAT out of several 1000's but it is very hard to match the price we see on the likes of Silver Doctors et al.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I think the figures for Europe and US are pretty different. People in US can definitely buy cheaper but they will also have to sell cheaper locally.

Personally I have split my stack in three:

• Junk silver - trying to buy as close to spot as possible. It will be easy to sell close to spot again, creates variety and also increases volume, which can be desirable in early days of stacking. But this can turn to problem if you accumulate more and more.
  • Bullion - with the lowest premium I can find. Although sometimes I get dragged to things I like, like bars or certain coins which are not necessarily the cheapest.
  • Semi-numismatic - Stuff I believe it will attract higher premiums in the future. I use this as an alternative, in the case that spot price will not grow considerably by the time I will decide to sell. Sometimes I buy close to spot with the hope of appreciation (newer Queen's Beasts for example) and others I buy already with a premium (like Scottsdale Leopards or China Dragon Dollars).

Of course the lines between the above are not always very clear. For example I have some cast bars, I don't believe they will increase their premium but hope they will maintain it.  

Instagram: gildeon_67

I always use Ebay as my benchmark, check out Ebay and the sellers that are managing to shift their silver eagles or whatever by the bucketload and whatever price they are getting is what you should also be able to get if you sold your silver on Ebay.  I'm in the UK so we have VAT on silver and taking a UK silver Britannia as an example sellers seem to be getting around the £20 mark with ease so my stack has a £16 average but it's been skewed by semi numesmatic silver which should fetch more, my Britannia only cost average is between £12 - £13 so allowing for Ebay fees and postage I should still be able to make a couple of quid at the very least but obvoiusly I am living in hope of "too the moon".

On 07/04/2019 at 18:20, SiliconToad said:

I was going back over my inventory spreadsheet looking at my total costs for my silver, and for the 149.06 oz I have (blame the 30g panda for the odd number) I'm at a $2.89/oz premium over an average 15.43 spot price. 47 oz are rounds (though some are marketed as "semi-numismatic," e.g. World of Dragon series rounds), the rest are an assortment government issued bullion BU coins with a face value, very few duplicates, a few 10oz in the mix (QB). I'm curious if my premium per oz is more or less on par with other folks in the community with a mix of silver or not. Anyone have thoughts?  

did you pay VAT or if not how come?

Archived