• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Show me your historical silver.

DarkChameleon

3 hours ago, Silviam said:

I've got coins that are made from the recovered silver of the SS Gairsoppa if that counts, it was a merchant ship sunk by German U-boats during WW2

I just got one of those for my hairdresser, she just had a baby, wanted to cross it's palmar it's a girl so thought two strong women for her to grow up recalling.

8 hours ago, Jamesd said:

I collect old Spanish coins. Used to live out there and its my way of keeping in touch with a country I love 😁

¿Como este? 

Don't collect them but I do have this one. My missus is Spanish and think this came from her. Found with a stash of other different ones in a house in Granada that was getting renovated. Could have been there for many years. 

Has some green stuff on it, would anyone know how to clean it up? 

DSC_0119.JPG

On 08/04/2019 at 22:29, 4thelongrun said:

¿Como este? 

Don't collect them but I do have this one. My missus is Spanish and think this came from her. Found with a stash of other different ones in a house in Granada that was getting renovated. Could have been there for many years. 

Has some green stuff on it, would anyone know how to clean it up? 

DSC_0119.JPG

Don’t clean them yourself, you will most likely kill the premium 

at most soak in warm water, take a super soft cloth and lightly take off dirt. These coins are quite collectible 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 minute ago, barney said:

Nice collection @ilovesilverireallydo Gin money, Roman denarius, and Indian coins. I am still stumped on these coins on the left side of the picture not the denarius of Septimius Severus or Vespasian do you know what they are?

image.png.e146846d78644600dabb72abcfaaba4e.png

To be honest, apart from the Japanese ones, I haven’t got a clue what these others are. I bought a 5kg random mix silver bag from a scrap dealer once a few years ago and these were in them. Haven’t gotten round to identifying them or verifying they are real beyond the xrf test to show Silver content. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived