• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Marc

closed 1966 rhodesia 10 shilling - PF66cameo- SOLD

Sold to Richard Croft thank you very much. Richard you have really a fantastic little coin there and if you take it out of the slab and put it back in its original box, you will have a memory of a country that was one of the greatest in Africa but is now reduced to absolute poverty, corruption and mismanagement. If you took that coin and put it under your shoe and scraped in along the pavement for 1 mile you could not damage it more than that country has been damaged.  

1966 rhodesia 10 shilling - PF66cameo Price £260

SPECIFICATIONS

Composition: Gold

Fineness: 0.9160

Weight: 3.9940g

AGW: 0.117623547189223oz

Melt Value: $152.62 (4/5/2019)

DESIGN

Obverse: Crowned bust right

Obverse Designer: Arnold Machin

Reverse: Sable antelope

Reverse Designer: Thomas Sasseen

NOTES

Ruler: Elizabeth II

1966 rhodesia-1.jpg

1966 rhodesia-2.jpg

Edited by Marc

This one went for more last year at London coins and was ungraded and you have to add the Buyers premium. Personally I think a beautiful coin so will leave this up until Sunday then will remove and have it sent to Japan to sell here. I do not quite understand how a modern half sov can sell for the same price or more but this has so much historical numismatic significance and represents a country which used to be the 17 richest in the world but as modern Zimbabwe is now one of the poorest.

This one is a very nice grade and is the only one graded at this grade. Most of these coins were melted down by Mugabe's wife grace and used as bathroom fixtures and although one can appreciate she has added to the aesthetics of her bathroom, for me it would be like taking a proof 1893 £5 and putting under your shoe and scraping along the pavement. I am sure great fun but does not really add to society. 

image.thumb.png.5c5f0a2092cab2a582389f7a6fd1d40d.png

image.png.cfcffe68db1431ecd0db958046675fb5.png