• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

JJWasp

Queens Beasts Topic

Not really much more to be said than what's already being written here on the Forum thus far.

3 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Regret flipping all my 10oz lions so fast 🤣.

Wish I had a suitcase full of 10oz and 2oz Lions- but having said this- I'm still a firm believer that in years to come the Lion will be much easier to come by in all weights proof and bullion than other releases.  The mintage figures appear to be dropping dramatically on each release- the Yale is a prime example.

The Yale might well be the new Lion!

38 minutes ago, JJWasp said:

Talk about any Queens Beast coin related stuff.

There’s numerous topics about QB’s on here, why as a newcomer do you want to start another thread?

my 10oz Black bull comes tomorrow can't wait to have all of the 10oz queens beats that have come out so far.

Edited by JJWasp

33 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Regret flipping all my 10oz lions so fast 🤣.

Great series in my opinion, im a 10oz fan. Just seem to "pop out" a little more than the 2oz.

I agree they just stand out more especially if they are next to some of the 2oz ones. 

I received my 10 oz QB Bull of Clarence (photo posted in the photo-only forum, QB thread) yesterday, love it. I think the dragon is my favorite of the QB, followed by the unicorn and then the griffin. I'm thinking of making wooden wall hangings with the encapsulated coins inset into them. Should look really nice in my "treasure" room, aka study. 😀👍

2 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Not really much more to be said than what's already being written here on the Forum thus far.

Wish I had a suitcase full of 10oz and 2oz Lions- but having said this- I'm still a firm believer that in years to come the Lion will be much easier to come by in all weights proof and bullion than other releases.  The mintage figures appear to be dropping dramatically on each release- the Yale is a prime example.

The Yale might well be the new Lion!

My personal opinion is that the last coins in a series seems to perform the worst.  The Yale is 7th in a 10 coin series.  Maybe it will do fairly well after the series is finished.   I doubt it will ever perform like the first 3.

Maybe someone can provide an example where the last ones in a series do well.

I know the Perth Mint Lunar 2 Tiger seems to do very well but that is #3 of 12.

Maybe having a full set with a box will add premium?

I ponder about these things myself as I am somewhat new to this.  I sometimes think maybe I should of purchased pre-owned Krugerrands and not bothered but that could just be my depression.

Some coins really are very nice to look at or collect.

I'd like some advice because I got into the QB series late and would eventually love to have a decent collection. I don't have any 2 oz or 10 oz. Lions, Griffins or Dragons. Obviously I would like to change this. I have 5 2oz. Unicorns, and one Bull, and one Falcon. I don't have any 10 ounce coins. The 10 oz. Dragon is still very affordable so I'll buy it soon. The 2 oz. Unicorn has recently shown dramatic appreciation recently. This gives me hope the 10 oz will perform similarly. I doubt the 2oz. Bull or Falcon will see a dramatic increase to where it would be wise to buy to sell later.

So should I load up on 10 oz. Unicorns with the hope of trading them later? The Yale seems quite popular on here as well and its sales have been great. Should I also stock up on those with the hopes of flipping/trading some later? 

Edited by AgCoyote

5 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

I got into the QB series late and would eventually love to have a decent collection.

My advice late to the series then may not be worthwhile picking up any of the coins for the purposes of trading/selling them in the future because you have to pay the current premium appreciation and uncertainty what the last three design will look like and how the series will perform when it is completed. Looking for a collection then it is an amazing series to have in your stack as a collector I would recommend that you buy at least one full set both of the 2 oz and 10 oz coins.

@AgCoyote  I've also come to the 2oz party late & I am collecting these coins in slabbed form, instead of worrying about future appreciation, flipping etc & what they may or may not be worth in the future why not just collect a set to enjoy, the Queens Beasts are the most interesting series to be released for years by any national mint & have a strong worldwide following. 

I got 4 at normal price in the last group buy, since then I've bought the missing 3 at slightly inflated price to complete the set.

I'm not expecting them to do really well, but will be a nice boxed set, with the spares tubed in my stack.

I absolutely like this series, but agree with others that Yale is not the prettiest one. I personally love Griffin and Unicorn. A few days ago somebody posted some coloured versions  of Beasties, these look marvellous!

3 hours ago, motorbikez said:

@AgCoyote  I've also come to the 2oz party late & I am collecting these coins in slabbed form, instead of worrying about future appreciation, flipping etc & what they may or may not be worth in the future why not just collect a set to enjoy, the Queens Beasts are the most interesting series to be released for years by any national mint & have a strong worldwide following. 

I'm definitely trying to get the set to enjoy it. I'm merely trying to figure out the best way to come up with a strategy to get the Lions and Griffins in a cost neutral manner as possible. So far I think that the best way is to buy as many 10 oz Unicorns and 2 oz. Yales with the hopes of trading them for Lions and Griffins. If that doesn't work then it's no worry because the Unicorn and Yale are among my favorite beasts and I'd be happy to have a large number of them in my collection. The White Lion of Mortimer has some potential to be a rock star as well. 

2 hours ago, Frost said:

I absolutely like this series, but agree with others that Yale is not the prettiest one. I personally love Griffin and Unicorn. A few days ago somebody posted some coloured versions  of Beasties, these look marvellous!

My first silver purchase ever was a colorized dragon. I sold it a few months ago because i think the gilded ruthenium ones look better. 

04A0A91F-36C6-485B-A7CB-84ABBE495724.jpeg

I may be shunned by everybody on this forum as everybody seems to love these coins, but I'm not really into them, just my opinion. 

This might be because I started collecting coins as they started to come out, saw them along with all the other coins available that have had nearly the same design for years and thought the older coins were more appealing. 

They seem so English and I'm not much of a patriot (shunned by the patriots aswell, hahaa) 

Would of got a few to maybe sell on though if I knew everybody was going to go mad over them 😉

Edited by 4thelongrun
Additional text

Bought my first 2 x2oz QB yesterday for a really good price. My 8 year old daughter is mad about silver so I let her chooses a couple of coins a month for the collection and she has decided this series is what she wants( I'm guessing the unicorn may of swayed her) after buying the bull, falcon for £35 each I started looking at others and all at a fair price (around £40-45)apart from the lion which seems to be a crazy mark up of 60-75 a coin. I'll end up having to pay the premium at some point as I want the set. But was a little surprised at how high a premium this 1 coin was attracting. 

14 minutes ago, UKStacker said:

What is the correct order for these coins? Should it. Be issue order or is there an hierarchy of the beasts that dictates the order?

The bullion (2 oz / 10 oz Silver / 1 oz Gold) different schedule to the proof QB coins. Even the bullion coins 2 oz and 10 oz different schedule as well. Somebody collecting all the bullion and 1 oz Silver proof sometimes hard to keep up with what is next and what order did each release come out.

Best source of information

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen's_Beasts_(coin)

image.thumb.png.81d81b410861d55a55e1c60f00c0aa03.png