• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be order received

cairodave

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give some advice?

I've just received my first order of 10oz Queens Beasts from Goldsilver.be and it arrived on time and we’ll packaged. My question relates to the quality of the coins and the weight. 

The edges are quite sharp and not uniform in thickness and the weight is 11.02 oz. 

I would have thought that coins from The Royal Mint would have been higher quality finish and more accurate in weight. Should I be concerned?

FDB41426-DE85-480F-A98D-2954C4345BBA.jpeg

Enjoy the free silver!  I think it unusual you got over 1oz of free Silver- maybe an 'error' coin- get it in the post to Numi quick.   

Bullion coins- Bullion quality- Similar thread about the Queen's Beasts 10oz coins was started several months ago in terms of the un-uniformity (is this a word?) of these coins in terms their quality and particularly the uneven thickness of them.  

I don't even have words for how much the archaic units of measurement bug me 😆

Once had to write a report where I converted gallons into litres, only to then discover that the Americans use a different gallon to literally the entire rest of the world! 🙈

31 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

I don't even have words for how much the archaic units of measurement bug me 😆

Once had to write a report where I converted gallons into litres, only to then discover that the Americans use a different gallon to literally the entire rest of the world! 🙈

I've fell foul of that in the past. I worked at a UK site that used American naval hydraulic systems. What a pain in the a**e!

5 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Razor sharp edges are quite common, I have a zombiedog that can happily cut paper.

The 2oz QB’s seem quite prone to ragged / sharp edges, either that or I’m too sensitive.

5 minutes ago, TonyS said:

The 2oz QB’s seem quite prone to ragged / sharp edges, either that or I’m too sensitive.

Definitely a feature of the earlier QB though the edges and general quality has been fix in later editions. 

10 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Definitely a feature of the earlier QB though the edges and general quality has been fix in later editions. 

Seems about right for the RM, fix the problem after issuing the goods. Electrical goods they would have to issue a recall to fix dangerous defects.

What would I get if I claimed an injury from a QB Lion?

Don’t bother to answer, it would be “sweet b**ger all”. :wacko:

Looks like 

7 hours ago, cairodave said:

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give some advice?

I've just received my first order of 10oz Queens Beasts from Goldsilver.be and it arrived on time and we’ll packaged. My question relates to the quality of the coins and the weight. 

The edges are quite sharp and not uniform in thickness and the weight is 11.02 oz. 

I

Looks to me like you got a nice one there.  I would be happy with the condition of that coin.

I never bothered with 10 oz due to fear of getting a badly scratched one.  Scratched 2 oz don't seem too bad, just bullion.

Archived